Notices
Forum Support Please post Jeep questions in the technical forums. If you're new to JK-Forum and have questions on how to post photographs, use the search function for optimal results, modify your signature or profile, resolve issues you might be having logging in or just about anything else including where to find newbie JK FAQ's, this is the place to start!

Certain Key Words are being linked against my will

Old 11-05-2015, 11:07 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Certain Key Words are being linked against my will

Just noticed when I typed the word tires, or maybe tire (not sure which it was) in another thread reply - the word itself was linked to some type of tire buying website... I did not create the hyperlink

Here is that thread https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...-326874/page2/

(Edit: I just went back to the thread, and my old linked word has disappeared?? however the OP has a link for "rear driveshaft" in his sig that appears to have a similar type of shopping link attached to it)

Is this an issue with my PC, with a setting on the forum I have changed, have any ideas how to prevent this from happening??

Let's see if I can replicate it here: Tire tire Tires tires

Thanks!

Last edited by bruckus; 11-05-2015 at 11:10 AM.
Old 11-06-2015, 03:50 AM
Administrator Emeritus

Received 92 Likes on 58 Posts

Hey,

The links are coming from advertising and not any forum setting. They are not unique to JK Forum but I will let IB know members have concerns. Thank you.

Bob
Old 11-06-2015, 04:31 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You don't have some browser tool installed that is doing this without you realizing it?

Check your browser extensions and turn off / uninstall anything you don't recognize. You'd be amazed at how much crap gets installed when we click NEXT all the time without reading each of those screen.
Old 11-06-2015, 05:31 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the replies, just something I noticed that was bothering me. Will check add on also. Cheers

Quick Reply: Certain Key Words are being linked against my will