Notices
Forum Support Please post Jeep questions in the technical forums. If you're new to JK-Forum and have questions on how to post photographs, use the search function for optimal results, modify your signature or profile, resolve issues you might be having logging in or just about anything else including where to find newbie JK FAQ's, this is the place to start!

"Find All Threads Started By..." search feature

Old 04-23-2019, 02:04 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 163 Likes on 141 Posts
Default "Find All Threads Started By..." search feature

When I go to My Profile, Statistics, and click on "Find all threads started by ronjenx", I get this: "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms."

Can anything be done to fix it?

edit to add: Now that I have started this thread, it shows up in the search, but none of my other started threads come up.
Old 04-26-2019, 10:46 AM
JK Junkie
FJOTM Winner

Received 201 Likes on 183 Posts
Exclamation

Also, the thread search by user name (not just started by) is only going back about one year. These searches were big time savers for those deja vu moments.

Old 04-28-2019, 03:44 AM
Administrator Emeritus

Received 91 Likes on 58 Posts

HI,

Thank you for letting us know, I'll followup with IB.

Bob
Old 04-29-2019, 12:51 PM
Administrator Emeritus

Originally Posted by Mr.T
Also, the thread search by user name (not just started by) is only going back about one year. These searches were big time savers for those deja vu moments.

Your post history now goes back to 2014, I assume earlier posts were archived. Probably to speed up load times.

Bob
Old 04-29-2019, 12:53 PM
Administrator Emeritus

Originally Posted by ronjenx
When I go to My Profile, Statistics, and click on "Find all threads started by ronjenx", I get this: "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms."

Can anything be done to fix it?

edit to add: Now that I have started this thread, it shows up in the search, but none of my other started threads come up.
I'm not sure if this is a index error or something else. I have asked IB Cheryl to take a look. Thanks!

Bob
Old 04-30-2019, 09:03 AM
IB Staff

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey guys,

Sorry for the issues you are experiencing with the search. The site would be too slow if it showed all the threads that aren't recent, so tech made it show only the most recent threads. However, I found that if you search your username in the search bar, you can find all your threads as well as threads you're mentioned in. I know it isn't the most ideal and intuitive way to search, but it is the best we have right now. Thank you for your understanding.

IB Cheryl
Old 04-30-2019, 02:21 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by IB Cheryl
Hey guys,

Sorry for the issues you are experiencing with the search. The site would be too slow if it showed all the threads that aren't recent, so tech made it show only the most recent threads. However, I found that if you search your username in the search bar, you can find all your threads as well as threads you're mentioned in. I know it isn't the most ideal and intuitive way to search, but it is the best we have right now. Thank you for your understanding.

IB Cheryl
Well now, that is very unfortunate. A lot of good threads can never be seen again with a regular search.
Old 05-01-2019, 01:51 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,585 Posts

Originally Posted by IB Cheryl
I found that if you search your username in the search bar, you can find all your threads as well as threads you're mentioned in. I know it isn't the most ideal and intuitive way to search, but it is the best we have right now.
This isn't a solution or a work around at all, because the search picks up every single thread the specified user posted in at all. It's essentially useless.
Old 05-01-2019, 02:06 PM
IB Staff

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by resharp001
This isn't a solution or a work around at all, because the search picks up every single thread the specified user posted in at all. It's essentially useless.
I understand your concern and agree that the search can be improved on. We appreciate all feedback and are working to better the sites features over time.

Thank you,

IB Cheryl
Old 08-16-2019, 05:49 PM
JK Jedi Master

The subject issue of this thread appears to have been fixed. Thanks to the ones who did that.

Quick Reply: "Find All Threads Started By..." search feature