Notices
Forum Support Please post Jeep questions in the technical forums. If you're new to JK-Forum and have questions on how to post photographs, use the search function for optimal results, modify your signature or profile, resolve issues you might be having logging in or just about anything else including where to find newbie JK FAQ's, this is the place to start!

QR Mobile scan code for JK-Forum

Old 02-14-2012, 06:20 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default QR Mobile scan code for JK-Forum

Just wondering if there is a QR code that people could scan with their phone to come directly to the site.
Ive searched the site and web...no luck.
I think it would be great sticker, maybe with the JK in the middle.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Being a lover of tech, this would be so cool as a sticker on my JK!
Old 02-17-2012, 12:13 PM
JK Newbie

I'm glad you agree with me.
I just think it might peak someone's interest if they see a built up rig with the code.
Old 02-18-2012, 11:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

It would be cool if the QR code was customized to go directly to that jeep owners specific profile on the forum which would list all the mod details so it not only increases traffic/ membership in the forum but allows someone to know exactly what lift, spacers, bumper etc is on a particular jeep setup.
Old 02-18-2012, 11:23 PM
JK Newbie

I don't know the process on QR codes. I don't know if it actually contains the info or if it quarry's some database. I imagine if it's the latter it would be difficult and possibly expensive to do that.
But I do agree, that would be cool.
If it does just contain the info I would imagine anyone could make one up no problem for anything.
Old 02-18-2012, 11:29 PM
JK Newbie

I've used this site before with good results:

http://qrcode.kaywa.com/

There's an information limit (basically, a max number of characters) in the QR symbol, but aside from that you can pretty much enter anything you want
Old 02-19-2012, 05:14 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by BlkJck
I've used this site before with good results:

http://qrcode.kaywa.com/

There's an information limit (basically, a max number of characters) in the QR symbol, but aside from that you can pretty much enter anything you want
Thank's for the info!
I decided to look into it a little more...really simple.
I made one with the JK logo in the middle...also simple.
I was going to post the image but I decided to make some more tweaks to it before I unveil it to the world.
Basically I want to make the JK logo larger, but still have the QR code reliable.
Old 02-19-2012, 05:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Cool idea. If the forum owners approve / support I wouldn't mind buying another sticker. Going to the individuals profile would be cool, but if it's just to the forum I think that's great too. Good job OP.
Old 02-19-2012, 05:42 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mack78
Cool idea. If the forum owners approve / support I wouldn't mind buying another sticker. Going to the individuals profile would be cool, but if it's just to the forum I think that's great too. Good job OP.
I couldn't make it into the profiles without being logged in. So that being said would have to just be the site...unless profile info or some sort of modified profiles were created that people could see as a guest..

I didn't realize the project-jk logo was trademarked. But I see it is now. Back to the drawing board, but I guess it is project-JK's logo, not JK-forum so it really doesn't make sense to use it for here.

Quick Reply: QR Mobile scan code for JK-Forum