Notices
Forum Support Please post Jeep questions in the technical forums. If you're new to JK-Forum and have questions on how to post photographs, use the search function for optimal results, modify your signature or profile, resolve issues you might be having logging in or just about anything else including where to find newbie JK FAQ's, this is the place to start!

For Sale Forum - Why can't I post in it?

Old 08-18-2009, 04:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If 50 posts seems like too much, it could easily be a time limit. How does being an active member for a year sound instead?

50 posts is not that bad, pay your dues like the rest of us. Yes, I went through the same thing a few months ago. It took me all of a week of active participation to reach my limit. Not a bad price to pay for such and active, captive, focused audience to sell your wares.

Oh, and don't mess with Toad too much.
Old 08-18-2009, 05:19 PM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by guruman

Oh, and don't mess with Toad too much.

...Yes because her spankins' hurt
Old 08-20-2009, 08:18 AM
JK Newbie

THIS is my 50th post! LOL
Old 08-20-2009, 09:27 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by binfordtools
THIS is my 50th post! LOL
Congrats, welcome to the 50+ crowd.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:46 AM
JK Freak

all that whining payed off, now you are on the inside lookin out. welcome to the dark side
Old 08-20-2009, 01:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by rage344
im just curious why the 50 post rule i understand it can weed out terds for the most part but dont you think scammer will just bid their time make the post and then rip someone off
like everyone has been saying it only takes a few days to get 50 "legitimate" posts in order to sell
If someone is dedicated in finding a way to rip someone off, there isn't much any forum is going to be able to do to stop it in terms of making it a timer, number of post counts, etc, outside of banning ANY private sales of items altogether.

But by putting some type of provision in place (this forum has decided on 50 posts), you will at least weed out the not so dedicated spammers.

If it was simply a timer, the person could could create the account, wait out the timer, and then post their scam items for sale.

Personally I would rather have it be the number of posts...with 50 posts, one can look back through the person's post history and see what those 50 posts consisted of to make some determination on the person before buying from them.
Old 08-21-2009, 01:19 PM
ptireman

Default 50 is too many

been on here for about a year ...on alot ,alot of research and just reading, do not always have things to post,so i agree 50 is to many posts to have to be able to sell something

Old 08-21-2009, 02:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Who gives a shit? I for one appreciate it and "get it". Why is it so hard for some folks to understand? Crimeny, somone's always got to find something to bitch about.
Old 08-21-2009, 02:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

arent you bitching about other people bitching?
(just trying to increase my post count so i can sell something, dont tell toad)
Old 08-21-2009, 03:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by USAF_GroundRat
Who gives a shit? I for one appreciate it and "get it". Why is it so hard for some folks to understand? Crimeny, somone's always got to find something to bitch about.

Actively participate in the forum by asking questions you truly want to know the answers to and before you know it you've surpassed this minimum....it really isn't that hard. If you can't manage this then check out ebay or your local craigslist until you have met the minimum.

Quick Reply: For Sale Forum - Why can't I post in it?