Notices
Forum Support Please post Jeep questions in the technical forums. If you're new to JK-Forum and have questions on how to post photographs, use the search function for optimal results, modify your signature or profile, resolve issues you might be having logging in or just about anything else including where to find newbie JK FAQ's, this is the place to start!

User Interface Image Upload System

Old 02-04-2018, 05:14 AM
Former Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default User Interface Image Upload System

Here's what I've been seeing while attempting to post reference images within my threads. When one clicks on the small "picture" icon within the above text entry field tool tray, this is what I see.

Image 1: User upload interface via the topic entry text field

What ends up happening is that while I locate an image off site or when saved within my albums, the above system uploads & attached the image in question, twice. Thus I end up with 2 of the same images in my album which is using up my limited space.

In order to bypass this above image interface, I've went to my albums and uploaded the image before I even create a topic by the use of this interface:

Image 2: User album Interface image Upload Accessible via User CP

So it appears that one must put the wagon before the horse when adding images to their topics. Which isn't a big deal. But I've found that if you upload your images into your albums, make sure you access the image URL then use the URL/IMG code to attach your image. Doing this one saves space and the attached image is used only once from the redirect link.

In other words, avoid using the image 1 interface as this tends to add multiple images from all click link sources. Alternatively, Linking images to an off site photo storage severs would be idea as to avoid the image 1 interface. In order to accomplish this, refresh yourself with the HTML/URL code is what I use when posting images.

Here's an example. I've removed several of the code symbols as to show you how linking a code in this manor can be accomplished.

img]https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.jk-forum.com-vbulletin/580x435/80-uploadscreen_487511b963858f7f6acdffbc326390dde3a12 260.png
Note that the IMG code is in the brackets before and after the image link. Make sure that the last IMG code has been closed with the backslash within the code brackets. ( / )

Last edited by TrailBadger; 02-04-2018 at 08:42 AM.
Old 02-06-2018, 03:51 AM
Administrator Emeritus

Received 91 Likes on 58 Posts

Hi,

If you have no plans to use the picture saved to your album again, then delete it. I see no reason to tinker with image codes that 90% of members will not want to edit. Thanks.

Bob
Old 02-06-2018, 04:02 AM
Former Member

speedlimit

My comments above were nothing more than a suggestion for others that may wonder why they have 2 or more of the same images in their albums. Merely suggesting that to avoid this, one should use the profile album interface and avoid the text entry field upload system.
Old 02-06-2018, 04:05 AM
Administrator Emeritus

Originally Posted by TrailBadger
speedlimit

My comments above were nothing more than a suggestion for others that may wonder why they have 2 or more of the same images in their albums. Merely suggesting that to avoid this, one should use the profile album interface and avoid the text entry field upload system.
Thank you for the suggestion, but I cannot duplicate what you are seeing relative to duplicate images being saved.

Bob
Old 02-06-2018, 04:30 AM
Former Member

speedlimit

Very well then I will keep this issue & suggestion to myself and display images to the best of my ability.
Old 02-06-2018, 05:23 AM
Administrator Emeritus

Originally Posted by TrailBadger
speedlimit

Very well then I will keep this issue & suggestion to myself and display images to the best of my ability.
Thank you for the reminder of the out of date guide for posting pictures. I have removed it and will post a new guide with in couple days.

Bob

Quick Reply: User Interface Image Upload System