Notices
Four Corners If you live in the Four Corners area (Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Any good trails for stock rubicons? AZ

Old 04-23-2009, 08:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AZ Outlaws
A few pointers:

- get the Charles A. Wells "Guide To Arizona Backroads & 4-Wheel Drive Trails" and/or the Massey and Wilson "Back Country Adventures Arizona". Both have trails from easy to wild and it'll take you years to do them all.

- never go alone... join a local club

- it's a Jeep, if you're worried about pin striping... stay off the trails and you just spent $30k to look cool running up and down Mill Ave when you could of bought something else.

Have fun!!

What are the local clubs?
Old 04-23-2009, 09:28 AM
JK Super Freak

My JK is all black, which means it will always look dirtier than any other color and the pin strip will be more noticeable in the sun. Pin stripping is apart of offroading, and you can practically get rid of it just by properly waxing your JK. The vegetation isn't going to take your paint off to the primer. NO! You're going to see "scratches" because the clear coat or the wax is being peeled off. Thus, basic waxing or going to your dealership and getting their "30k protective coating" will eliminate almost all the noticeable pin strips.

Also, you have a Rubicon. Lucky! I have the X, and love it. I wheel with it of course. I scratched up the skid plate a little. But, it runs great. It performs great on the trails (and I've done some difficult stuff). It looks great on the streets, both when clean and dirty. In AZ, the off roading culture here is huge.

I promise you, once you gain a little experience, you won't worry too much about pinstriping or using your skids. And, like everyone said, always go out with others who have done the trail or at least know what they're doing. Besides, you'd be surprised how capable that Rubicon is out of the box.
Old 04-23-2009, 10:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

if you want to have fun in ur jeep ur got to take a couple of pin strips here and there. im like u i dont want to scratch mine up either.

when im doin a trail, if i come to a part thats going to scrath my jeep way bad im going to try and go around it. but if there is no way, i just grind my teeth and take it lol.
Old 04-23-2009, 01:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by silvel2edge
What are the local clubs?
From what I gather, it is a mortal sin to speak the name of any organization that is not a paid sponsor on this forum, or risk banishment for eternity. You have to do a little research on your own.

There are many clubs based in the Valley and a few others around the state. They range from the good ole boy's club where you have to be invited to join (you can have those), to loosely knit groups and internet based clubs. Some clubs are strictly the younger crowd and people just getting into four wheeling or hardcore rock crawlers. Most groups I associate with have a mix of people of all ages and walks of life that do mostly easy to moderately rated trails. Google is your friend, check it out.

Two of the clubs I run with are down to earth good people who enjoy wheeling with anyone who isn't wild and crazy. They hold events with pot luck dinners, chili cook offs, raffles with prizes donated or purchased at a reduced cost from "unpaid" sponsors. They have runs that include camping and visiting other parts of the state as well as trips into Utah and Colorado.

One other note... don't limit yourself to strictly running with JK's. That get's old quick. Most clubs have a mixture of Jeep models, some include all capable 4x4's. You wouldn't do the same thing over and over again, day in and day out... variety is the spice of life....

Drop me a PM if you need help looking for some groups....

Last edited by AZ Outlaws; 04-23-2009 at 01:38 PM.

Quick Reply: Any good trails for stock rubicons? AZ