Notices
Four Corners If you live in the Four Corners area (Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.
View Poll Results: When to go?
Sunday the 15th
50.00%
Sunday the 22nd
62.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

CO & NM Crew Prepare for a Snow RUN

Old 03-03-2009, 09:29 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fishyguy
Welcome to my world my friend. It was all fun and games for a few weeks then..........
Yep its all fun and games then bam....total mind numbing boredom....I'd hate to see a total of the time I spend staring at things I cant afford on these forums.....

Hey fishy.....is there someone at bullhide or that you may run into up there that would know when is the best time (deepest mud) to run the mud loop?

Cause maybe we could get that going too sooner than later.......

Voodoo, you got to come down the hill for that one....and Malo, you can ride with me if you dont want to clean your rig after....
Old 03-03-2009, 10:02 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by a-squared
Yep its all fun and games then bam....total mind numbing boredom....I'd hate to see a total of the time I spend staring at things I cant afford on these forums.....

Hey fishy.....is there someone at bullhide or that you may run into up there that would know when is the best time (deepest mud) to run the mud loop?

Voodoo, you got to come down the hill for that one....and Malo, you can ride with me if you dont want to clean your rig after....
mmmm...hills... oh sorry...its spring time..mtn boy...lol..anywho..i will drive anywhere.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:29 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by a-squared

I can and will go ask
Old 03-03-2009, 11:00 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by voodoojk
will this pass be doable this time of year? it reaches 10k+ feet..i know i was at 6k' saturday and was up to my axles in snow and had to turn around.
I'm sure we can tackle it

I hope to use my Winch

As far as saturday or sunday. I actually thought of the same thing. do it on saturday. so that if you break it! you have enough time to think it over or fix it or something

but it looks like most of want todo sunday.

and as far as the drive Voodoo. you can always crash at my place saturday and drive off to meet on sunday whatever day that will be.

-----

Okay guys here is an update.

by this sunday, I'll try to rap it up with a finalized date and location to meet

Hopefully we can get more people this time. I'll bug everyone from our area and NM see if anyone will be willing to do this run

on a side note I got my Video Camera fixed. so we should have some great videos when we go

Last edited by Lo2aY; 03-03-2009 at 06:45 PM.
Old 03-03-2009, 05:40 PM
JK Freak

its all tied up. i voted for the 22nd that day after st. patties is a bad idea!
Old 03-06-2009, 08:54 PM
JK Junkie

Since we have a 50-50 on the dates.

do you guys just want to do the 22nd? for sure?

that way we all have enough time to get ready and do whatever. I'm hopping Aaron could see and all is good

let me know. so that I can work on the details
Old 03-07-2009, 10:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Is the pass even open right now? Last update Jan 13 showed the summit closed and the gate to the western entrance closed. Snowfall has been above average they are saying.
Old 03-07-2009, 01:35 PM
JK Freak

id go for the 22nd just to be sure!
Old 03-07-2009, 04:24 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by woffles
Is the pass even open right now? Last update Jan 13 showed the summit closed and the gate to the western entrance closed. Snowfall has been above average they are saying.
That sucks. I hope it's open. If it's still closed, we'll need to find somewhere else to wheel.

I'm doing some research on Medano Pass. If any of you have contact info to know if it's open or not that would great and we can know as we get closer to the date.

Thanks for the info... I was goin to check the status next week. might as well start now
Old 03-07-2009, 04:50 PM
JK Freak

http://www.nps.gov/grsa/medano-creek.htm

ftp://ftp.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/data/wat...epctnormal.pdf

Quick Reply: CO & NM Crew Prepare for a Snow RUN