Notices
Four Corners If you live in the Four Corners area (Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Four Corner's What Was Done To Your Jeep This Week

Old 10-21-2008, 08:29 PM
JpX
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Made a simple and strong bumper. Total cost was under $50 for steel and paint!

Old 10-21-2008, 09:03 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by JpX
Made a simple and strong bumper. Total cost was under $50 for steel and paint!

Very Nice Love the well done home made job.
Old 10-26-2008, 05:18 PM
JK Junkie

Well mine is at the shop getting a new throw out bearing again does that count??
Old 10-26-2008, 06:24 PM
JK Junkie

This first one, was a shelf I added to the back. I had been looking at the Olympic 4x4 Mountaineer rack, but just could not see spending $250 for it, so I used that as a start and built mine out of wood. It was a quick build and It needs some fit and finish on it, but it worked how I wanted it to.

The container on the top weighs about 40-50lbs and could easily take more. I need ot fix the drivers side and replace the long support 2x3's. I was going off the measurements of the Olympic one and their rack is notthe full widts between the bars, so when I actually cut the top I wanted full width, but I had already cut th esupports. No biggie, just a few dollars for a new 2x3 to replace those and make it a lot stronger. The top covers the entire back (28"x461/2") and used screw in eyelets for the tie downs. Once the fit is complete, I'll do a quick outdoor paint on it and cover it in black carpet that matches the floor carpeting.

My other mod was thanks to AZ Bulldog as he got me my new CO2 bottle and holder. I mounted it to the roll bar, but it will not be able to stay there when the top is up as it's too high due to the shelf. No idea where it will go with the top up, but it might be a strap in and go when I hit the trails and not leave it in all the time. We'll see though.
Old 10-26-2008, 06:31 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by scouter4life
This first one, was a shelf I added to the back. I had been looking at the Olympic 4x4 Mountaineer rack, but just could not see spending $250 for it, so I used that as a start and built mine out of wood. It was a quick build and It needs some fit and finish on it, but it worked how I wanted it to.

The container on the top weighs about 40-50lbs and could easily take more. I need ot fix the drivers side and replace the long support 2x3's. I was going off the measurements of the Olympic one and their rack is notthe full widts between the bars, so when I actually cut the top I wanted full width, but I had already cut th esupports. No biggie, just a few dollars for a new 2x3 to replace those and make it a lot stronger. The top covers the entire back (28"x461/2") and used screw in eyelets for the tie downs. Once the fit is complete, I'll do a quick outdoor paint on it and cover it in black carpet that matches the floor carpeting.

My other mod was thanks to AZ Bulldog as he got me my new CO2 bottle and holder. I mounted it to the roll bar, but it will not be able to stay there when the top is up as it's too high due to the shelf. No idea where it will go with the top up, but it might be a strap in and go when I hit the trails and not leave it in all the time. We'll see though.

How did that ultimate air work out for you? Have you gotten a chance to use it yet?
Old 10-26-2008, 07:22 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Gokracer1
How did that ultimate air work out for you? Have you gotten a chance to use it yet?
No, I havn't even filled it yet, just got it this afternoon. I need to find a place near me that can fill it.
Old 10-26-2008, 07:26 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by scouter4life
No, I havn't even filled it yet, just got it this afternoon. I need to find a place near me that can fill it.
Well let me know how it works for ya. I am very curious about those kits. I have a Powertank myself. But want to know if Ultimate air is as good as well?
Old 11-08-2008, 07:25 PM
JK Junkie

For those of you that don;t view the Tucson thread, I permanantly installed my Ultimate-Air tank and installed a shelf for my camera that keeps it in easy reach but will not be bouncing around.

Old 11-26-2008, 06:52 PM
JK Junkie

Here's the latest. I redid the shelf so I could fit the CO2. It now fully covers the back and has been carpeted.

Underside view, I added a light as it get's pretty dark in there.
Old 12-11-2008, 06:16 AM
JK Junkie

I got my Off Road Evolution Gussets and LCA skids on

Quick Reply: Four Corner's What Was Done To Your Jeep This Week