Notices
Four Corners If you live in the Four Corners area (Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Grand canyon jeep tour suggestions?

Old 05-17-2011, 02:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grand canyon jeep tour suggestions?

Looking for suggestions or companies that take you to the bottom of the grand canyon. Looked online and there only seemed to be one and I wasn't that impressed. I would prefer to rent a jeep and drive myself, but that doesn't seem to be an option. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 05-17-2011, 03:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

I don't think that there are any tours other than by mule or by raft, that take you down to the bottom the Grand Canyon. It is a very protected area.
Old 05-18-2011, 05:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jlabe2
I don't think that there are any tours other than by mule or by raft, that take you down to the bottom the Grand Canyon. It is a very protected area.
I know that there is at least one company offering a jeep tour that takes you to the bottom. Didn't know how many options I had.
Old 05-26-2011, 09:22 AM
JK Junkie

They claim to take you to the bottom, but it's not inside the national Park, it far west, closer to Hoover dam, where the canyon is not nearly as deep or IMO beautiful. If you want to see the real Grand Canyon from the bottom, it's hike, ride mule or float, that is it.

I prefer hiking it myself.
Old 05-26-2011, 11:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by scouter4life
They claim to take you to the bottom, but it's not inside the national Park, it far west, closer to Hoover dam, where the canyon is not nearly as deep or IMO beautiful. If you want to see the real Grand Canyon from the bottom, it's hike, ride mule or float, that is it.

I prefer hiking it myself.
thanks, i appreciate the info.

Quick Reply: Grand canyon jeep tour suggestions?