Notices
Four Corners If you live in the Four Corners area (Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

HELP, BLM trying to close ChokeCherry Canyon in Farmington NM

Old 12-07-2009, 05:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP, BLM trying to close ChokeCherry Canyon in Farmington NM

Hello all I am writing this requesting help. This thread to try to get some support from other wheelers.

Please read.....
I live in Farmington New Mexico. I have been blessed to grow up with Choke Cherry Canyon in my backyard. For those of you who have not wheeled here you may never get the chance. This is top notch wheeling. Our local jeep club had a meeting tonight with a very serious tone. The BLM is very actively trying to close a large section of the land that these established trails are on. We can document that these trails have been established for years. Our club has marked these trails with funds from our club. The signs are being removed from the BLM. Families come from all over the place to four wheel here, we also host the ChokeCherry Trash pickup which has attracted people for hundreds of miles.
We were told that we only have until next Tuesday to try to get this stopped. For us here and those that have been fortunate enough to wheel here it is a huge deal. Thank You for looking and please take the time to help us out here....
Please send your disaproval to Janelle_Alleman@blm.gov.

Please be nice to her in your response as we dont want to make it any worse on us. There is a small population of bike riders who are pushing to close this to all motorized travel. The next meeting with the BLM is for club leaders and representatives only (Phil Collard with be one attending).
They will be holding a public meeting soon and I will post the time and date when it is sent.

PLEASE SEND AN EMAIL REQUESTING THIS AREA TO STAY OPEN
Old 12-07-2009, 06:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default choke cherry

Originally Posted by metro7100
Hello all I am writing this requesting help. This thread to try to get some support from other wheelers.

Please read.....
I live in Farmington New Mexico. I have been blessed to grow up with Choke Cherry Canyon in my backyard. For those of you who have not wheeled here you may never get the chance. This is top notch wheeling. Our local jeep club had a meeting tonight with a very serious tone. The BLM is very actively trying to close a large section of the land that these established trails are on. We can document that these trails have been established for years. Our club has marked these trails with funds from our club. The signs are being removed from the BLM. Families come from all over the place to four wheel here, we also host the ChokeCherry Trash pickup which has attracted people for hundreds of miles.
We were told that we only have until next Tuesday to try to get this stopped. For us here and those that have been fortunate enough to wheel here it is a huge deal. Thank You for looking and please take the time to help us out here....
Please send your disaproval to Janelle_Alleman@blm.gov.

Please be nice to her in your response as we dont want to make it any worse on us. There is a small population of bike riders who are pushing to close this to all motorized travel. The next meeting with the BLM is for club leaders and representatives only (Phil Collard with be one attending).
They will be holding a public meeting soon and I will post the time and date when it is sent.

PLEASE SEND AN EMAIL REQUESTING THIS AREA TO STAY OPEN

Hey bud,
Got your pm. Thanks a million. I am trying to get as much attention to this as possible.
Old 12-09-2009, 06:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

I also found this BLM site for comments.
http://www.blm.gov/nm/st/en/prog/rec...nt_public.html
click on "online comment form" near the end and it will take you to the BLM form. At the end it asks for Name, address, and email (YOU DO NOT HAVE TO FILL THIS INFO IN) and the for will still send. But it is better if you put your info in here (at least a name and maybe email) something that will say you are not the same person doing it a hundred times.
Also PLEASE BE NICE, this is to help us. Any negative will make it worse. THANK YOU

Quick Reply: HELP, BLM trying to close ChokeCherry Canyon in Farmington NM