Notices
Four Corners If you live in the Four Corners area (Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

overland expo

Old 04-07-2009, 10:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default overland expo

any one heading to the overland expo this month? i will be heading out saturday morn' if any one in phoenix would like to head up.....
Old 04-07-2009, 12:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default overland

ovexpo.com its on prescott valley

from the 24/26 of april it is an event from the overland journal.

pretty much is those that find pleasure in off roading via trail riding or in the like of those that take a different route-

i am going for one day to check out a few vendors and to talk to a few people that have done this type of travel.

Overland Expo.2009 ~ Adventure, Exploration, & Conservation
Overlanding is a different way of exploring our world - whether 100 miles or 10,000 miles from home - in comfort, safety, and style. It's camping like you've never experienced.

Overland Expo.2009 is an all-new and exclusive event for people who see their 4WD or ADV motorcycle as a means to adventure and exploration, and who see travel as a portal to learning about the world, as well as a means to conserving its beauty and preserving its unique cultures.

No other event for 4WD or motorcycles combines intensive education modules, social opportunities to visit with hundreds of other enthusiasts and to share information and experiences, and a wide array of product and service vendors just for overlanding-related activities, both mechanized and human-powered. Service and conservation organizations, land agencies, and clubs/associations will also be on-hand April 24 - 26, 2009.

The Experience
The Overland Experience is a multi-faceted educational weekend. When you register for the Overland Experience package, you can fill your days with an array of course and seminar offerings and your nights with inspirational presentations and social times.

Planned courses include:

Hands-on Field Classes:

•Intro to Overland Driving
•Advanced Overland Driving
•Overland Driving – Women’s Course
•Intro to ADV-Motorcycle Riding
•Advanced ADV-Motorcycle Riding
•ADV-Motorcycle Riding – Women’s Course
•Overland First Aid – Basic First Aid certification
•Capturing the Adventure – Photographing People, Places & Vehicles
•Tire Repair I – Punctures & Tears
•Tire Repair II – Removing Tires and Re-seating Beads
•Loading and Lashing
•Vehicle Recovery - Basics
•Vehicle Recovery – Advanced

Last edited by sgt rock; 04-07-2009 at 11:47 PM.
Old 04-07-2009, 01:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default one day

just one day--
Old 04-07-2009, 02:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default heading my way

depends on how you look at it...

to be honest i am not much on this site as i use to be....i am more intrugued by those who are into overland travel who conquer a different approach of offroading. dont get me wrong as i spent most of my life running 3,4 or 5 rated trails.

many of the speakers and many that are attending i have met over at the expo portal site...so for me its more to meet people that i have known on the expo web site and to talk to those that are speaking about there experiance.

hate to see someone attend and not know what an overland experience is. one day i hope to pull the plug on my 9-5 life and explore the world (in my jeep). i know most of those on this board are into one\two day trips (please do not read into that)-

anyhoots i was just seeing if anyone here was heading there!

Quick Reply: overland expo