Notices
Four Corners If you live in the Four Corners area (Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Phoenix AZ (Valley)

Old 07-05-2007, 04:11 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Arizona Backcountry is doing Broken Arrow on the 14th at 0930-1000 then we are going to hit Oak Creek Homestead Trail. We expect 30+ vehicles on this run.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:01 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i havent been on those trails yet. Im gonna do a bunch of trails through the year. I will look at those on the thread. time vs wants . I want to do every weekend but time is a b*****.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 4JEXEP4
Arizona Backcountry is doing Broken Arrow on the 14th at 0930-1000 then we are going to hit Oak Creek Homestead Trail. We expect 30+ vehicles on this run.
Ya, I know that they are running it next weekend but my wife will be outta town and I've been promising her to run that trail this month. I have no choice but to run it this weekend.

Also, I just found out that the other jeeper I was going with is not going to be able to go, so it looks like I'll be hitting it solo with the wife and kids. Anyone wanting to meet up is more than welcome. If you already have plans with AZBC I understand. Have fun and tread lightly bros! (and gals)
Old 07-11-2007, 09:03 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by carolinarubi
Its ORI in Goodyear a new local shop on west side of valley.
Never heard of it, where in Goodyear? I see there is some new place on Western between Litchfield and Dysart.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:00 PM
JK Newbie

Found this lame, but FYI -
http://www.azleg.state.az.us/ars/28/00958-01.htm

28-958.01. Rear fender splash guards

A. A person shall not operate a truck, trailer, semitrailer or bus on a highway unless the vehicle is equipped with rear fender splash guards that comply with the specifications provided in this section.

B. The splash guards:

1. Shall be attached in a manner that prevents the splashing of mud or water on the windshield of other motor vehicles.

2. Shall extend to a length of not more than eight inches from the ground.

3. Shall be wide enough to cover the full tread or treads of the tires being protected.

4. Shall be installed close enough to the tread surface of the tire or wheel to control the side throw of the bulk of the thrown road surface material.

5. May be constructed of a flexible rubberized material.

6. Shall be attached in a manner that, regardless of movement either in the splash guards or the vehicle, the splash guards retain their general parallel relationship to the tread surface of the tire or wheel under all ordinary operating conditions.

C. This section does not apply to:

1. A vehicle commonly known as a pickup truck with a manufacturer's rating of three-quarter ton or less, except that this section applies if the pickup truck has been modified from the original bumper height design to raise the center of gravity of the pickup truck.

2. A truck tractor or converter dolly when used in combination with another vehicle.

3. A single axle trailer with fenders wide enough to cover the full tread or treads of the tires being protected and that extend to a length of not more than fourteen inches from the ground.
Old 07-24-2007, 03:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HatchetMan
Found this lame, but FYI -
http://www.azleg.state.az.us/ars/28/00958-01.htm

28-958.01. Rear fender splash guards

A. A person shall not operate a truck, trailer, semitrailer or bus on a highway unless the vehicle is equipped with rear fender splash guards that comply with the specifications provided in this section.

B. The splash guards:

1. Shall be attached in a manner that prevents the splashing of mud or water on the windshield of other motor vehicles.

2. Shall extend to a length of not more than eight inches from the ground.

3. Shall be wide enough to cover the full tread or treads of the tires being protected.

4. Shall be installed close enough to the tread surface of the tire or wheel to control the side throw of the bulk of the thrown road surface material.

5. May be constructed of a flexible rubberized material.

6. Shall be attached in a manner that, regardless of movement either in the splash guards or the vehicle, the splash guards retain their general parallel relationship to the tread surface of the tire or wheel under all ordinary operating conditions.

C. This section does not apply to:

1. A vehicle commonly known as a pickup truck with a manufacturer's rating of three-quarter ton or less, except that this section applies if the pickup truck has been modified from the original bumper height design to raise the center of gravity of the pickup truck.

2. A truck tractor or converter dolly when used in combination with another vehicle.

3. A single axle trailer with fenders wide enough to cover the full tread or treads of the tires being protected and that extend to a length of not more than fourteen inches from the ground.
This does not apply to a jeep. The jeep is not classified as a truck.
Old 07-24-2007, 07:03 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by bleblanc
This does not apply to a jeep. The jeep is not classified as a truck.
Sounds like a gray area, may be left up to a judge if you really wanted to dispute it. I looked it up because a pal of mine told me how he gets pulled over all the time when I told him about my wishlist of lift/wheels/tires...
Old 07-24-2007, 08:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HatchetMan
Sounds like a gray area, may be left up to a judge if you really wanted to dispute it. I looked it up because a pal of mine told me how he gets pulled over all the time when I told him about my wishlist of lift/wheels/tires...
This is a topic that has recently been brought up on a local site you may or may not be aware of. Even a cop was stating on there that it does not apply to jeeps.

http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/showt...=splash+guards

http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/showt...=splash+guards

I'm not trying to cause a heated debate, just hoping this may help clarify some things. I think if you fight it you will be fine. Just a PIA to have to take time to go to court. I will not be putting them on my jeep. I honestly believe that it does not apply to jeeps.
Old 07-25-2007, 06:55 AM
JK Newbie

If the law does not apply to Jeeps, then I am thrilled. Will go with the 12.5's instead of 11.5's!
Old 09-10-2007, 06:30 AM
JK Junkie

Even tough they say it does not apply to Jeeps. I'd be curious what the take would be on a Stubby rear bumper as you're exposing more of the tire spray.

Quick Reply: Phoenix AZ (Valley)