Notices
Four Corners If you live in the Four Corners area (Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

South Denver (Parker) Good Dealer?

Old 03-16-2008, 07:39 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default South Denver (Parker) Good Dealer?

We have two JK Unlimiteds. Got them both from Go Jeep on Broadway. Took mine in on Friday for first oil change and a couple of little things that were bothering me.

I also asked a few questions. So by the time they were done checking the sqeek in the clutch peddle and the MyGig hard disk crash, and their answer to why my Mygig does not play movies (I have a manual SWMBO has an auto and does play movies). I was amazed at the answers or faburicated stories.

So I know for sure there are a few on this forum in Parker. Who do you take your Jeeps to when you need to have dealer service? Who do you take them to when you are just getting routine service or want someone other then the dealer working on your vehicle. I have lived here for 9 years now. I continually struggle with finding someone I can trust and that does good work.

Are the Burt Jeep guys anygood?
Old 03-16-2008, 12:32 PM
JK Newbie

I hear you on this. I almost bought mine from Broadway, but found a better deal elsewhere. For service, I've used Medved Castle Rock once (recall) and they were excellent. I've not brought up any issues, so can't answer for them there. They've called and emailed since with follow up, etc. Maybe worth a shot? If/when something pops up with mine, my plan is to try them based on how they were earlier. Not much help, but maybe something?
Old 03-16-2008, 07:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hmm, my experience is polar-opposite. I shopped several Denver-area dealers and got the best price from Broadway, and the service shop has been great.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

I use Faricy Boys in north Colorado Springs. Not sure how close it is to you, I wouldn't think it would be too far. Good service so far for me, but I think I have heard someone on this forum with a bad experience there.
Old 03-17-2008, 12:43 PM
JK Freak

i bought mine from go on broadway as well. i service the jeep myself. but for recalls ill go back there or theres one on wadsworth. its a chrysler 5 star and they seem to know what they are doing. wads and belleview i think it is.
Old 03-17-2008, 03:49 PM
JK Newbie

I had a very good sales experiance with Broadway and maybe it was just the service advisor that I got. Although the questions I asked he took and he said he talked with the other advisors. The answers were not factual.

The other item that concerned me was that my clutch peddle sqeeks when pushed. I had a look and it was where the foot pad and lever where joined. A little lithium grease would have fixed it but I thought would let the dealer take care of it... their answer, replace the whole clutch assembly.
Old 03-18-2008, 01:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Bought mine from Medved Castle Rock and it has been the worst car-buying experience yet. I get a discount from my employer, which is a set price below invoice, no questions asked. Before I went in, I had this number (price) in hand and told them I was in that particular purchase plan. They said "Oh yes, sir" and gave me a price $2000 more than it should have been. When I showed them the price it should have been they did a "hummina-hummina-hummina" and gave me the right price.

I added a hard top which needed to be ordered. Never called to let me know it was in. Set a time up to bring it in to be installed. I dropped it off at 7:30am and they said it would only be a few hours. Never got a call saying it was done. Next day still never got a call, despite my repeated calls on status. Got put on hold lots of times. Because they didn't have it done the day before and I didn't have a ride, I made them come pick me up in Parker when it was supposedly ready. It wasn't ready, they were missing a wiring harness for the wiper, which needed to be ordered. I picked it up anyways. Got in, started it up, check engine light came on, they forgot to reset the computer or something. Got in again, center console was deeply scratched on top. Made them order another.

When I bought the Jeep, it was missing one of the rear clips for the soft top. They supposedly ordered it so I could pick it up with the hard top. Never ordered. Made them send it to me. The salesperson I bought the Jeep from actually ended up hand delivering it to my house.

As you can tell, not a happy camper. I have told this story to everyone I know and will never deal with Medved again. I hope Burt in Parker is better, which is where I plan on taking it for any service. Love my Rubicon though, no problems with it yet.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:23 PM
JK Newbie

Default My .02

Got mine at Lithia Centennial on Arapahoe. Bought 2 Jeeps there and don't plan on buying there again. Typical run-around and "let me check with my manager" junk.

They are the only ones that have done service for me though, mainly due to oil change coupons. They installed my receiver and wiring for it. Done all oil changes and even removed a huge "stain" on my hood. (wife came home from work where she parks in a parking garage and something had dripped on the hood and ran all the way down the front of it.) They got the stain out and didn't charge a thing.

I'd like to start taking it to Burt just because it's closer and because Burt Honda I take my Civic to for service has been good. Only hesitations are that as much as I didn't like buying at Centennial, their service, albeit slow, has been good and I did go into the Burt on Parker asking about a Bikini top and rails and such and the parts guy didn't know Jeeps. He said he and most of the others there came from Dodge dealers. Don't know how experienced they are with the Jeeps, but it was about 9 months ago that I was there and maybe that has changed since then.
Old 03-25-2008, 07:58 PM
JK Newbie

Default 2 from Phil Long Jeep

I bought a TJ from them and I bought my JK from them and their service is really good. It's the one someone was talking about on Wadsworth and Belleview. It's actually at Wadsworth and Stanford. It doesn't hurt that I have a friend that works there, but the service department and the parts department have been really good to me and other people I know.
Old 03-26-2008, 12:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hmmm very interesting stories of which I agree completely.

Working on jeeps should be done by self or a well known mechanic; I would never go to a dealer. Of course that’s my opinion.

I just purchased my JK 2 weeks ago from GO Broadway, I wasn’t even looking for a JK I was looking at there used 05 grand’s with the 5.7 Hemi. Sales guy comes up to me, very friendly and not pushy at all, and says ill get the keys for a test drive. So I told him, to be honest im not even sure I want a used chero anymore. (This said after I had test drove a red 5.7 from Lithia which was obviously in a wreck and the f'in manager was trying to play it off, but more on that later) So I told him I was thinking about the new wranglers, guy comes back with a 2dr and a 4dr and says the keys are in the truck take your time cant beat that with a stick. So I took an X 2dr out and absolutely fell in love. Way different than previous models, way more refined interior and much smoother ride. I must add that I have never owned a wrangler; I had been driving a 99 XJ classic for 6 years. My friend had a 02 wrangler sport and it drove like it had rocks in the shocks. OK back to GO Broadway…..So after a 20 min test drive I was sold, I came back to the lot and picked out a rescue green manual Sahara. I was really glad the sales guy gave me the option of test driving the JK because I may have just purchased the chero!!!

Overall, GO Broadway was fantastic, had to play the number game for a while but I didn’t mind. I have a co-worker who is friends with the VP of Burt and he got his JK X for dealer invoice (not the paper they show you, but the real dealer price) he got his X for under 18K with 17inchers and hard top. So I mentioned to the guy that I can go over there if I want a JK and he comes back with the real dealer sheet and I got the Sahara for 5k less than window sticker which was 28.5 not bad I guess. Also, if you’re financing make sure you tell them you want a competitive rate. Usually they come back with 7-8% but that’s all B.S, Most dealers have a deal with a local bank or credit union so they can go much lower. I got my 7.9 down to a 5.5 so make sure you haggle them!

Ok backtrack to Lithia. I saw they had a 05 5.7Hemi for 19K on there website so I had to check it out. I show up and had a young kid waving at me as im pulling into the dealer lot. (Sure sign you’re in for a ride) I get out and show the kid my printout and tell him to get the keys at which point he took me inside the dealer showroom to give me a 20 min speech on why Lithia is better than the rest with these stupid signs (Another sign that I was not going to buy here) after the sales pitch I took the Hemi for a spin, it drove great with no issues. Bring it back to the lot and noticed the left rear cargo window has tape on it, I took a closer look and you can see that it was replaced but the glue was pushing the window out about half an inch! Then I closed the rear door near the window and hear everything inside rattling. To top it off the line on the top of the window on the body was cracked. So I was very polite and told him, no thanks can I have my license copy back. Kid gets my copy and brings out the manager. Manager says what’s wrong? (Bad choice of words when im clearly no longer interested) He really wanted to know what was wrong with the chero so he could fix it. So I was polite, again, and explain all the damage points. At which point he told me, if I get them all fixed would you still be interested I told him your kidding me right? This car was in a major accident and you think im still gonna buy it? Needless to say I did not respond I simply took my license said no thank you and left.

Sorry to make a simply question turn into a long answer, but I love my Jeep’s and love the people that drive them. Unfortunately dealers will never change and you just have to shop around to find one that is friendly, honest and actually cares. That’s about 1 in a million but GO Broadway gets my vote so far.

Quick Reply: South Denver (Parker) Good Dealer?