Notices
Four Corners If you live in the Four Corners area (Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Tucson Crew B.S Say Anything Thread!!

Old 01-06-2012, 09:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been running all Bilsteins and the stabilizer pushes to the driver but nothing devastating. The 1/8" more toe in corrects the wondering and centering your axles keep it from dog tracking. When you do the hi-steer, collapse the pass spring full to verify drag link clears frame. May need to adjust bump stops. Good luck!
Old 01-06-2012, 02:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2008fx4
gears are in - diff covers on, jeep drives great. jeep seems like its not laboring as hard around town. still got a while before i hit the freeway. got some gear whine/noise. hopefully it works itself out, but the installer and i will start the problem solving tomorrow.
I thought I had a whine as well but realized it was just normal and I was over analyzing every noise as a possible problem. Been over a year and good to go
Old 01-06-2012, 06:18 PM
JK Newbie

Didn't know you had to break in gearing, something to know in the future. Anyway, In the next few weeks I am putting a new lift kit on, and will have all the stock suspension parts for a 4 door rubi with only 4800 miles on it. its off a 2010, any interest, looking to make some money off it. Thanks! (I can't post in the sale thread) but also thought to offer it to you guys first.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well thanks to Joe and a few of his neighbors tools we got everything installed. The jeep drives great, I now realize how bad it really was. Just a little grinding for rear link clearance and good to go.

Thanks again Joe
Old 01-07-2012, 12:04 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JK_Sport
Well thanks to Joe and a few of his neighbors tools we got everything installed. The jeep drives great, I now realize how bad it really was. Just a little grinding for rear link clearance and good to go.

Thanks again Joe
I told ya man, did you get that rear track bar bracket installed also?
Old 01-07-2012, 12:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NGINIER

I told ya man, did you get that rear track bar bracket installed also?
Yep, its so smooth now, no bump steer, its actually gotten rid of a lot of the pops and freaks that were coming from rear cargo area, turns better, rides smoother and quieter....leave it to the engineer to point out all the bad in my rig....lol
Old 01-07-2012, 08:18 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JK_Sport
Yep, its so smooth now, no bump steer, its actually gotten rid of a lot of the pops and freaks that were coming from rear cargo area, turns better, rides smoother and quieter....leave it to the engineer to point out all the bad in my rig....lol
Haha, I thought those changes my straighten some issues out... I'm glad it's performing for you better now.
Old 01-08-2012, 03:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by sient wolf
Didn't know you had to break in gearing, something to know in the future. Anyway, In the next few weeks I am putting a new lift kit on, and will have all the stock suspension parts for a 4 door rubi with only 4800 miles on it. its off a 2010, any interest, looking to make some money off it. Thanks! (I can't post in the sale thread) but also thought to offer it to you guys first.
prob. Not going be too much interest here..we usually offer them up for free or really cheep. Dont blame you for needing some cash though..you will find out we sometimes give up stuff for free/cheep to help other members locally. Who's doing your lift? What lift are you going with?
Old 01-08-2012, 07:48 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by RockWraith
prob. Not going be too much interest here..we usually offer them up for free or really cheep. Dont blame you for needing some cash though..you will find out we sometimes give up stuff for free/cheep to help other members locally. Who's doing your lift? What lift are you going with?
Yea, thanks. I noticed that about giving it up for a good deal. My dad and I are going to do the lift. He has moderate experience with it. I am just in a weird position.... I'm young, "a kid" you might call me. The jeep I do stuff to is my moms (she likes 4x4 a lot, but my parents divorced so she got a jeep because my dad took his cj7.) So my mom gave me a deal that what ever I do to the jeep as in spending wise, the jeep slowly becomes mine... sorta like a credit thing I am going to purchase it from her later on. I am buying all the mods and stuff for it, so I'm on a tight budget, but had some money to spend so I got quality materials. I myself have been driving a stick since I was 6 sitting on my dads lap down in mexico. I am a good driver off road, and have done many many trips with only me in the jeep, including; rug road, chiva falls, madera canyon, ect... And I have been going to glamis also since I was 9 riding a quad. Now I am 17 with a okay paying job for my age. I work really hard for all of my stuff. Its a little weird because I am so young doing this stuff, and think it would be akward for me asking for help or something So criticize if you want :P Its also weird because I am a better off road driver then my mom so I drive most the time, taught by my dad who is great imo! But my mom is looking for people to wheel with, and all the people I know are all of my dads 'best buddys' so she doesnt like that idea. We usually venture off on our own on most of these trails around here though. So hoping to get to wheel with you guys eventually. Just a little of my background, and sorry for it being long, I got a bit carried away. I went with the rock Krawler 3.5 inch lift. And took the front drive shaft off today because the new one comes tomorrow
Old 01-08-2012, 07:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2008fx4
major thank you's out to Tross, JeffC, and JKennedy for all the help today. jeep came out great with the new springs!! definitely looks like it should now, minus the 37s!!!

joe - i promise the bubbles will work themselves out, and it was a pleasure meeting your family!

jeff - gotta get to working on your jeep next time!!

Travis - gonna take a while for the skin to grow back on my fingertips after finally getting that decal off!!!

thanks again guys!!!
I dig the clean look!
Thanks to Joe and family, Jeff, and of course your superb hospitality!
Great times with fantastic friends!

Quick Reply: Tucson Crew B.S Say Anything Thread!!