Notices
Four Corners If you live in the Four Corners area (Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Who does gears in ABQ?

Old 03-12-2009, 10:33 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who does gears in ABQ?

Not that I'm there yet, but last I checked a while back, no one had...Desert Rat said they would, but hadn't. I didn't want to be their guinea pig...I think also 4 Wheel Parts might, but I really don't like that place. I had a small shop do it on my YJ some years ago, but I checked, they don't do gears anymore. Anyone know of a good shop?
Old 03-13-2009, 07:09 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by glwood6
Not that I'm there yet, but last I checked a while back, no one had...Desert Rat said they would, but hadn't. I didn't want to be their guinea pig...I think also 4 Wheel Parts might, but I really don't like that place. I had a small shop do it on my YJ some years ago, but I checked, they don't do gears anymore. Anyone know of a good shop?
Well that is a good question... I know walker had some 5:13s installed at a shop I believe in Rio Rancho. I think they did a good job but you might want to PM on that and what shop it was.... He pops in every now and then so you might not hear from him right away.
Old 03-15-2009, 11:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

I know of a few places that will do it. I had Scott at Southwest Corvettes do my 5.13's. Did a great job. If you want more info just give me a call at my work.

Sandia Muffler
505-265-0197

Ask for Ken
Old 03-19-2009, 02:50 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by sandiasnow
I know of a few places that will do it. I had Scott at Southwest Corvettes do my 5.13's. Did a great job. If you want more info just give me a call at my work.

Sandia Muffler
505-265-0197

Ask for Ken
I appreciate the help. I'll call if I get close to actually doing the swap, thanks!
Old 03-21-2009, 10:57 AM
JK Super Freak

Why dont we just knock it out in your driveway? Everything else seems to go together just fine.
Old 03-23-2009, 03:52 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by shredX
Why dont we just knock it out in your driveway? Everything else seems to go together just fine.
Right. Between you and me, we would get everything taken apart and that's pretty much it! A gear change is nothing I would trust myself to undertake, it seems way over my head. I can remove and replace suspension parts, bumpers, brakes, etc. all day long, but gears scare the heck out of me.

Quick Reply: Who does gears in ABQ?