JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Fun in the Sun (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/fun-sun-98/)
-   -   Tough Mudder (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/fun-sun-98/tough-mudder-240657/)

rooster1976 08-22-2012 03:00 AM

I finished my first tough mudder in Dallas this last march. It was a great time.a lot tougher than expected.

bfdengine5 08-25-2012 09:22 AM

I too have finished my first Tough Mudder event (and first "road race" ever) back on July 15th at Mount Snow, VT...it was amazing!!

cstrait37 08-25-2012 07:09 PM

I did Mt. Snow VT in May... Most rIdiculous thing ever... Especially because it was May in VT. ALL water was 38-40 degrees... Would I do it again?

YES! (in a warmer climate).

Congrats to all who participated and completed the mudder!

Mark 10-11-2012 07:25 PM

A month ago, while sitting at a bar, drunk with some friends, I was challenged to do Tough Mudder here in Missouri. I had 30 days to prepare my body for the workout of its life. I accepted and that was my last beer.

I have completely changed my diet and ran 4 times a week. Each week I tried to go farther, learning about pacing and understanding what my legs are telling me. Week 1, I couldnt finish 3.5 miles in an hour. Week 2, I forced my way to 5 miles. Week 3, I focused on healing and pacing; again at 5 miles. Week 4, I felt like I could run forever. Only holding back and not wanting to hurt myself a week before the race- I stopped at 7 miles. I'm down 15 lbs and sleeping better then ever.

My neighbor has run 5 marathons, last year he told me he tried Tough Mudder and had to drop out cause he couldnt finish. This scared me, but i was pressing on.

Through the diet change and caffene withdrawls this is most definitly the hardest thing I have mentally and physically put myself through(I know some may be laughing at that, but for me its true). In a little less than 36 hours, I will start my race, and at the end when I force myself through that last obstical and get shocked by 10000 volts, I will yell 5 words: "I Wooped That Mudders Ass!!!!"

Rdub18 10-16-2012 06:35 AM

On oct 27 my wife and I are doing the zombie dash in st. Louis. 5k and get chased by zombies. Party afterwards...should be a blast. Also did a 5k in town this past weekend for a charity. Good cause and good times!

evansdad 10-16-2012 06:40 AM

I did Warrior Dash in May and did TM this past Saturday. Both were a blast and Ive already signed up again for next year.

djbrew 10-16-2012 06:46 AM

My girlfriend and I, along with my boys did a Rugged Run a few months ago. They're addicting! Looking for the next one in my area to do.

I think it would be cool to create one where your jeep was involved, and instead of running from obstacle to obstacle, your jeep has to go through it's own obstacles too.

icrashbikes 10-16-2012 08:08 AM

Did the tri state mudder last year. It was a ton of fun! Except for that whole 10k volt shock-the-crap-out-of-you thing...

OR-FAB 10-16-2012 08:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Did tough mudder last year. substituting just a regular half marathon this year, but like those mud runs
Attachment 378838

tymonster 10-16-2012 08:34 AM

Tough Mudder Vermont 2011 and 2012... the free T-shirts get better every year!

Bravo to anyone who's ever done anything like it (Warrior Dash, Spartan Race, etc..) and if you haven't tried a Tough Mudder you should! It's a great time for a great cause.