Notices
Gladiator Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Aux pre-wired switches

Old 11-10-2019, 09:59 PM
JK Super Freak
FJOTM Winner

Received 210 Likes on 197 Posts
Default Aux pre-wired switches

I installed an extra 12 volt outlet on the passenger side under dash... I ran the ground wire to the body ground right behind the door removal panel, ran the hot wire to the harness to the orange pink wire... instant fused power! I fished the gps wire behind the dash... plugged it into the new 12 volt under dash- and have it come out on top from the windshield, all hidden! ...and have power at the press of the button! You can also use the head unit to change it to have power available with the ignition off, or all the time... it was a pretty fast way to set up a multi-use power option! Just one of the cool things you can order on your gladiator! I know this was available on the JL as well... it just was so nice to have that all wired and set up for you!
The following users liked this post:
Mark Doiron (02-08-2020)
Old 02-08-2020, 11:35 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

And way less expensive than an sPOD. In my Gladiator, I've wired two of my switches, one to power on the ARB Twin Air Compressor, the other for primary power to the radio rack ...

Quick Reply: Aux pre-wired switches