Notices
GPS & Geocaching If you're looking for information regarding GPS or are interested in Geocaching, this is the forum for you.

Gps

Old 12-19-2007, 01:50 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gps

I just got a tom tom at pc richards they're havin a big sale I got the widescreen 4.3" for $249 usually $399, don't know if it will help in the woods but it will help me find my way to the fun spots. Just thought I'de throw that out there if anyone was looking to get one. All brands are on sale not just the one I got.
Old 12-19-2007, 02:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Gps

I bought a TOMTOM One XLs and a Garmin 200w to try out side by side in my jeep a few weeks ago. The Tomtom was ok, but the Garmin was the clear winner from a purely asthetic standpoint. The maps Garmin uses are much better it seems. Not that the directions are better, but that they just look nicer.

Something to think about. I bought both for the same price at the time 299...

Also, for those that would use a GPS everyday like me the Garmin has an auto-on and auto-off feature that the TOM TOM doesn't do. Its invaluable not to have to hit the on button every time I want it on.... Plus! I have a jeep as an icon driving around on the screen whereas the TOM TOM only had an arrow. The TOMTOM does come with more routing features for the price point, but if you don't need that stuff the Garmin is the better choice....
Old 12-19-2007, 05:35 PM
JK Freak

I noticed the little car on the garmin that was , but i'm happy with the tomtom, thats why they have so many to chose from everyone is different. thanks for the feedback

Quick Reply: Gps