Notices
GPS & Geocaching If you're looking for information regarding GPS or are interested in Geocaching, this is the forum for you.

GPS Device

Old 04-23-2011, 12:51 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Garmin 255W Nuvi for the Jeep and a Magellan explorist GC for geocaching.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:35 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by cfr
This is actually the main reason I got my GPS. I was with my boys on Yankee Hill near Idaho springs and passed through a very confusing 5-way intersection. We went further, got into some snow and decided to call it a day. Coming back through the 5-way, I got confused and had to drive a ways down each of the paths to find one that was familiar. With breadcrumbs, you just follow your track back out.
Haha, I drove that the first time without a map or GPS and just a guide book, thankfully there were a ton of people out there to direct me - I never leave home without my GPS after that!
Old 05-31-2011, 09:07 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got a Garmin, had no issues.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:13 AM
JK Super Freak

I have an iPhone and use North American Copilot, it was around $30.

For on the road performance, It is as good, if not better, as a TomTom system I have used in the past and Garmin system I have used in the past. I've used it all over the Southeast, Texas and on a trip to Oregon. It has been temperamental a few times, but a shut down and restart get it going again. Think that is more of the iPhone than anything else.

Still trying to find an App for the topo stuff.

Quick Reply: GPS Device