Notices
GPS & Geocaching If you're looking for information regarding GPS or are interested in Geocaching, this is the forum for you.

Jeepn' Geocachers!!!

Old 06-02-2008, 09:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re:

I just started Geocaching two days ago, but it is GREAT!

geocaching.com
user name: really_good_guy
Old 06-06-2008, 08:42 PM
JK Newbie

i'm new to this, too. i just got my GPS today. i've been fiddling with it all afternoon. neat little gadget!
anyway, i'll bounce around with lar offroad on sunday and i'm taking the GPS with me. might go on a little hike/climb, too, and stash a cache somewhere on the island
Old 07-06-2008, 11:09 AM
JK Super Freak

I started caching 5 and a half years ago when I was not working. In other words, laid off. I went out just about every week the first year, but dropped off a bit later. WhenI started working full time, I pretty much forgot about it. Two years ago, my daughter and I went out to the Grand Canyon and did around 20 caches in West TX, NM, CO, and AZ. I haven't been out since. Now that I have a Jeep, I'd like to go out again. Oh yeah, my screen name is not what it is here; it's Centex Trekker.
Old 07-10-2008, 05:40 PM
JK Newbie

My family and I found our first two caches last week. We had a blast!

Our name at Geocaching.com is "jeep-olllllo" .

FWIW we use a TomTom one. It is sort of "the best of both worlds" in that it is great in the car and pretty good out of the car as well. The biggest out of the car complaint is the two hour battery life it has. But during our two finds so far we have only been out of the car for about an hour each.
Old 07-27-2008, 01:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the same handle here, there, XBOX LIVE, you name it, if theres a handle involved, im always Jonny Ryan Mac.

Just logged my first two.
Old 07-30-2008, 11:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Sunweasels here. Naturally we had a friend who... Okay, you all know the story. First find with him hooked us, we went out with him three times and then we were hunting all over town for a Garmin eTrex Legend. Been casual Geocahers ever since (he's a radical one, anyone who bases airline flights on what airports have caches he hasn't logged is radical...). I've got 12 caches in easy walking distance of my house (and I'm out of shape) so I'm in relatively rich territory. If some of them weren't gosh danged micros it'd be great!

Come to think of it, if this weekend isn't too hot and we can keep the top down, it's about time to grab a few.

Jeff
Old 08-03-2008, 05:33 AM
JK Newbie

I geocache under run43v3r. I've been doin it for a while, but didn't start logging until Dec '07 after I got the JK. Still pretty bad at loggin them, and never seem to remember to bring my own pen.
I had kinda dropped it and the "JEEP" geocache's I learned about after getting the jeep got me back into it. Still haven't found a jeep bug though, they are quite elusive. Kinda ticked off about that, so I made my jeep into its own bug.

TB1R7KP

If you see her on the road, you can log her as a find.

Great sport that gets you out, gets you active, anyone who tries it gets addicted, and best of all, it really takes to some neat places you'd prob never venture to otherwise
Old 08-04-2008, 08:16 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by run43v3r
I geocache under run43v3r. I've been doin it for a while, but didn't start logging until Dec '07 after I got the JK. Still pretty bad at loggin them, and never seem to remember to bring my own pen.
I had kinda dropped it and the "JEEP" geocache's I learned about after getting the jeep got me back into it. Still haven't found a jeep bug though, they are quite elusive. Kinda ticked off about that, so I made my jeep into its own bug.

TB1R7KP

If you see her on the road, you can log her as a find.

Great sport that gets you out, gets you active, anyone who tries it gets addicted, and best of all, it really takes to some neat places you'd prob never venture to otherwise

Too bad you're not up here in SW PA, I picked up a Jeep TB the other day and deposited it into another one a couple of miles away. I know there's a couple more around here somewhere! That's really cool that you made your jeep a TB. I would have never thought of that.

On geocaching.com, I'm salliepa427, same as on here.

Happy hunting!
Old 09-20-2008, 07:32 PM
JK Newbie

We go by Swampgirl & Bugboy & TAG on Geocaching.com, Swampgirl is my wife and Bugboy my 11 year old son. Tag is a name given to me by another geocacher ( The Anonymous Geocacher). We started geocaching in 2001 in Georgia and have since moved moved north to NY. See you on the trails.
Old 09-24-2008, 03:17 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I fisrt heard about Geocaching about 5 years ago when I registered my Garmin Etrex Legend online. I was using the GPSr for re-locating hunting blinds I had set up in the woods. About a year ago one of my co-workers started talking about it and I got interested in learning more. I now have the 60csx and find it doesn't lose sat reception in deep cover like the Legend did. Thursday I pick up my ultimate geocaching tool... a 2008 Sahara!

Last edited by SaginawMike; 09-24-2008 at 03:53 AM.

Quick Reply: Jeepn' Geocachers!!!