Notices
GPS & Geocaching If you're looking for information regarding GPS or are interested in Geocaching, this is the forum for you.

Where do you mount your handheld GPS?

Old 11-08-2008, 08:36 AM
Kes
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where do you mount your handheld GPS?

I have an pickup and a Jeep. I use the sandbag base to hold my 60cs and it works great in the truck but not so good in the Jeep with the narrow dash. How do you mount your handheld in your Jeep? Got pics?
Old 11-08-2008, 09:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kes
I have an pickup and a Jeep. I use the sandbag base to hold my 60cs and it works great in the truck but not so good in the Jeep with the narrow dash. How do you mount your handheld in your Jeep? Got pics?
Since I bought the base model "X" I don't have anything on the top of my dash so I mounted a ram mount for my 60 CS. I bought everything from Garmin. I mounted it on the plastic piece that would hold the Jeep GPS. I moved it toward the side a bit so that the bottom of the GPS hand slightly over the side and is angled towards me.

Sorry no pic....yet.
Old 11-25-2008, 06:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Usually a windshield mount next to the left pillar. Sometimes the Bracketron mount I use for my Zune/CB mic. Most often, sitting in a cup holder.

Jeff
Old 11-26-2008, 03:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Windshield mount just a few inches to the left from center.
Old 11-30-2008, 08:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have the same sandbag mount (i think) for my garmin 60csx. I used a zip tie to anchor it to the dash. Run a zip tie up through the holes along the windshield and tie one of the 4 sandbag legs down. I leave the bag there and just take the garmin and mount off and stick it in a bag under the seat when not in use. Sorry don't have any pics but could get some later today if you need.

Quick Reply: Where do you mount your handheld GPS?