Notices
Great Lakes If you live in the Great Lakes area (Minnesota, Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana and Ohio) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

0ct 16th MI tour at badlands

Old 10-15-2010, 05:21 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bears...awesome!

I hope to run by these guys then! Sounds like FUN! I'd love to get my Jeep built up...someday. Hubby thinks I'm obsessed. (UM YEAH I'm obsessed!) My gf is going with me Saturday cause I don't think I can handle hearing my hubby give me grief about my driving!

Have fun in MI!
Old 10-15-2010, 05:52 PM
JK Super Freak

sorry guys and gal i have ben working hard all week to get this weekend free. so i will see you there in the am. deb if you want you can meet up and say hey to us when we register. i will be there around 9:00 and will look for your yellow jeep. we are usually on channel 12 or 13 if you have a cb.
Old 10-15-2010, 05:53 PM
JK Super Freak

o and don't worry about the bears. john is a little crazy and see's things from time to time. we don't have bears in indiana, we have a blurry picture of a black dog that john swears was a bear
Old 10-15-2010, 06:11 PM
JK Freak

cody..i was just going on what john said about YOU not the bears! I'm excited about tomorrow. See you at check in!
Old 10-17-2010, 05:17 AM
JK Freak

That was AWESOME! I am so pumped from yesterday at the Badlands. It was great to meet you Cody and Capt. I'm sure you guys had fun. I went the easy trail, but I'm not so sure it was easy. I went up a rock wall...HELLO! I didn't know my jeep could do things like that. I'm hooked. My friend and I had fun. Sooo glad I went!

I'm planning to inspect damages today....
Old 10-17-2010, 07:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Scooter Scott
Make sure that you plan for upgrades soon too. I need more peeps to go up there and play with me
if you ever stoped going to all those weddings we might see you up there.

very nice to meet you and your friend deb. glad all went well and i would see your yellow jeep roll by below us or accross the creek a few times and looked like you did very well. congrats

i had a blast yesterday. if you won't due the two obsticals on the red trail in the quarry you wont want to do the hard run cause it was worse with very few bypasses. it was very difficult and without armor body damage was 100%. i made it threw all but one spot and i opted to go around that one (lucky i could). if you think concret hill is steep wait till you get to that area. 88 degree angle into a creek plunge about 40 yards long. pucker facter all day guys (3 rollovers, two axle shafts, a transfer case, and for me personally i broke a brake line and a lot of dents in the armor). kyle the owner of the park was our guide and he did a great job showing us around. i really hope this area opens up all the time, but it is private land and the guy does not want to sell i belive.

capt and jedi had a good day as well but i was not with them so i am sure they will post up.

o and john there are no bears over there but i did see a black dog near the house lol.

pictures are very few cause it was one spot after the next and jen could not get out and work the camera due to her eye's giving her trouble and had to take out her contacts. i will post up a few later tonight when i get back from indy. lots of rocks and a totally different teraine then the badlands. lots of limestone wich has great traction when dry but very bad wet.
Old 10-17-2010, 08:56 AM
JK Freak

Our guide said this was the last one of the year. When I can get my Mac figured out I will post some pics.
Old 10-17-2010, 09:23 AM
JK Freak

just a part of the group
Old 10-17-2010, 09:27 AM
JK Freak

the rock wall video wont show up...working on it
anyone know how to upload a video from photobucket?

Last edited by debsJK; 10-17-2010 at 02:08 PM.
Old 10-18-2010, 04:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Question Bears

Originally Posted by codysanders
o and don't worry about the bears. john is a little crazy and see's things from time to time. we don't have bears in indiana, we have a blurry picture of a black dog that john swears was a bear
I'm glad to hear that everyone had a good day at Mission Impossible. If the weather was the same as in Michigan, it was a perfect day to be out in the Jeep.

Cody, I bet if you asked Jen after she took her contacts out, she may have seen the bear too!

Quick Reply: 0ct 16th MI tour at badlands