Notices
Great Lakes If you live in the Great Lakes area (Minnesota, Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana and Ohio) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

any Chicagoland guys take welding classes?

Old 04-28-2012, 07:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any Chicagoland guys take welding classes?

I have been playing with the idea of trying to take a class on welding. I have really only looked at Moraine Valley but I was curious to see if any local guys have taken a class of have an interest in taking a class.

Working midnights and having work pop up regularly during the day it would to take a morning class. I'm by no means looking to become an expert, but wouldn't mind the additional knowledge.

Let me know if you guys have any suggestions or thoughts.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:13 AM
JK Super Freak

I don't know but I've been tinkering the idea also! I've only welded a few motor plates on mini bikes but nothing to extreme! The welds are still holding up to this day and that was 5 years ago so I must be doing something right! I've got a friend who knows someone ( he has welded a few bumpers from what ive seen) so if I can get him to teach me ill see if I can get u onboard! Hope that helps!

Mark
Old 04-28-2012, 07:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Did not know that moraine valley had such classes I've been looking for a class to take but they are kinda costly but will look into moraine I was enrolled there before
Old 04-29-2012, 04:50 AM
JK Newbie

Most of the junior colleges have metalwork classes. I'm a pipefitter and got my cert. In stick welding through the union. If you have any questions. I'm willing to help if I can.
Old 04-29-2012, 09:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sip8137
Did not know that moraine valley had such classes I've been looking for a class to take but they are kinda costly but will look into moraine I was enrolled there before
Looks like moraine is 99 a credit hour for the summer semester and it's 3 credit hours.

2 days a week for 5 hours each day. I'm looking at possibly doing a m/w or t/th from 1800-2250hrs

It does say there is an additional class cost but no info on it. It's just a basics course

Quick Reply: any Chicagoland guys take welding classes?