Notices
Great Lakes If you live in the Great Lakes area (Minnesota, Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana and Ohio) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Anyone ever use these Craigslist ads for Lift kits? Detroit area..

Old 01-07-2014, 08:29 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone ever use these Craigslist ads for Lift kits? Detroit area..

*** LIFT KIT *** 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "JK" (all models)

I'll admit that they're very tempting but I'm a definite skeptic when I read this. I'm not looking for a huge lift at the time being but something in the 1.5" to 2" range just give my JK a little boost as well as to compensate for the heavy front/rear bumpers and winch that's coming soon. I have the 2013 Rubi wheels and tires too. I don't want a big lift to look silly on stock tires.

The ad says it has a 1.75" lift for "KIT & LABOR $375 installed". That seems like a good deal to me...is it? I haven't contacted any local shops to price compare. What do you guys think?
Old 01-07-2014, 08:36 PM
JK Freak

I was looking at this ad as well. But I was gonna call to see if i can bring my own lift for them to install and see how much they charge.
Old 01-07-2014, 08:41 PM
JK Junkie

$375 isn't terrible but it's probably just pucks front and rear. You're looking at $80 worth of pucks and they pocket the rest. I was quoted, in my area, $300 labor (4 hours) to install 4 coils. I can have all 4 done in an hour in my driveway.

It's your call, but if you've got the tools, time, and know how then save the $$$ and install it yourself. I understand the temperatures up your way can be unforgiving this time of year.

Quick Reply: Anyone ever use these Craigslist ads for Lift kits? Detroit area..