Notices
Great Lakes If you live in the Great Lakes area (Minnesota, Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana and Ohio) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

August 6 Chicagland Badlands Run

Old 06-28-2011, 07:26 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Put me down on the maybe list Im dying to go wheelin haven't had time since the beggining of the year and it would be nice to wheel with no snow ....
Old 06-28-2011, 07:31 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i wana i wana i wana hopefully put me on maybe list ill try to call off that day in advance hopefully ill have my lift and tires by then
Old 06-28-2011, 08:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

fyi everyone. Ive gotten confirmation from 4wd.com, superchips, and discount tire direct that they all are donating items/products to give away at the event im putting on over labor day weekend. I am also still waiting to hear back from quite a few vendor, manufacturers, and distributors. Keep an eye out for a new thread soon about the event with all the details. I am going to create an official sign up sheet before too long as wheel so everyone can get all the discounts from the bar and the wheeling event.

Last edited by Nickit1981; 07-13-2011 at 01:12 PM.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:15 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Nickit1981
fyi everyone. Ive gotten confirmation from 4wd.com, ripp super chargers, and discount tire direct that they all are donating items/products to give away at the event im putting on over labor day weekend. I am also still waiting to hear back from quite a few vendor, manufacturers, and distributors. Keep an eye out for a new thread soon about the event with all the details. I am going to create an official sign up sheet before too long as wheel so everyone can get all the discounts from the bar and the wheeling event.
Sounds fun!
Old 06-29-2011, 10:04 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nickit1981
fyi everyone. Ive gotten confirmation from 4wd.com, ripp super chargers, and discount tire direct that they all are donating items/products to give away at the event im putting on over labor day weekend. I am also still waiting to hear back from quite a few vendor, manufacturers, and distributors. Keep an eye out for a new thread soon about the event with all the details. I am going to create an official sign up sheet before too long as wheel so everyone can get all the discounts from the bar and the wheeling event.
Wow sound bad ass what event are you doing and where
Old 06-29-2011, 10:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BLK07
Wow sound bad ass what event are you doing and where
Its called "Roamer Cruise Night" over labor day weekend in Streator, Il. Its about an hour to an hour and a half South of Aurora, near Ottawa, Illinois. Saturday night is a huge car show with about 600 cars and about 18,000 people. They rope off the entire downtown area and the only vehicles allowed in are ones that are registered for Cruise Night. It is usually 5 bucks but i think they may have bumped it up to 10 bucks, but I am not totally sure. All the bars and stores basically just prop open their doors and people just bar/store hop, starting around 5 until 2 am. The next day we are going to have a wheeling trip at "The Cliffs Extreme Terrain" off road park in Marseilles, Illinois and then again on Monday. I may try to organize a night run there if possible. I am still working out a lot of the details. Aside from the prizes that will be raffled off Saturday night I have worked out reduced admission and camping for the off road park for the weekend. Doing anything with hotels is pretty much impossible because of the demand because of cruise night. I am working with a bar tonight to see if we can get their parking lot for "jeep and offroad vehicle parking only." And more than likely some drink specials. here is a video to watch so you know what to expect that night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KaiaIU9sdM&feature=player_embedded http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X82PXsVi7ZY&feature=related
Old 07-04-2011, 06:16 AM
JK Freak

bumping
Old 07-04-2011, 09:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Looks like My cousin and I will be camping out after wheeling saturday at summers campground and possibly wheeling again the 7th if anyone is interested. I think Travis may be with us as well. Anyone talked to Tom (Dirtman) and Brad about this trip?

Also.. I got some more stuff today to give away at the event im doing over labor day weekend. some free passes for an offroad park
Old 07-05-2011, 01:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cjkirby55
Put me down as maybe, work permitting.
Oh, you know we'll have to work now!
Old 07-05-2011, 10:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hey.. any of you guys who may be attending the event I am doing in September... would you guys be interested in doing a night run? We would need at least 10 jeeps and have to schedule it ahead of time.

Quick Reply: August 6 Chicagland Badlands Run