Notices
Great Lakes If you live in the Great Lakes area (Minnesota, Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana and Ohio) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Badlands 4-18-09

Old 04-16-2009, 07:37 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by phouck
haha, it does if you aren't a poor college kid.
or someone thats 200mi away
Old 04-16-2009, 09:11 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by derekjm14
I haven't done any actual wheeling with this setup though.
I guess that is about to change. You should be very well setup for the weekend.

I just finished my fenders! I also put one cut rock rail back on and have one to go! Almost finished with my to do list.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dburgette
I guess that is about to change. You should be very well setup for the weekend.

I just finished my fenders! I also put one cut rock rail back on and have one to go! Almost finished with my to do list.
Yeah, I hope so. Like Phouck, my goal is to not break anything. The Jeep is currently my daily driver and if I tear it up my wife will kill me!!!
Old 04-16-2009, 10:00 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Trust me buddy i wont let you break shit out there. We will all be in contact and if i see something that i think someone might have a hard time with then i will let you know over the cb.

I know the place pretty well and it will be a good time....NOW IF FOR SOME REASON SOMETHING STUPID HAPPENS THAT I CANT CONTROL ITS NOT MY FAULT AND ALL OF YOU SHOULD GO INTO THIS KNOWING THAT ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN...

The worst damage i got last time was some rock rash on my passenger wheel and thats cause i choose to go the hard path out of the green trail.....I will give you plenty of options and there are many bypasses.
Old 04-16-2009, 10:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Warlock13
Trust me buddy i wont let you break shit out there. We will all be in contact and if i see something that i think someone might have a hard time with then i will let you know over the cb.

I know the place pretty well and it will be a good time....NOW IF FOR SOME REASON SOMETHING STUPID HAPPENS THAT I CANT CONTROL ITS NOT MY FAULT AND ALL OF YOU SHOULD GO INTO THIS KNOWING THAT ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN...

The worst damage i got last time was some rock rash on my passenger wheel and thats cause i choose to go the hard path out of the green trail.....I will give you plenty of options and there are many bypasses.
Yeah, I'm really not too worried about it. Like you said anything can happen though so it's just kind of in the back of my mind. I can't wait until I have something else to drive everyday and it won't matter if I break something. My wife is conviced I am going to destroy my Jeep this weekend, but maybe she will loosen up a little bit after we get out there.
Old 04-16-2009, 11:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Yeah, I'm really not too worried about it. Like you said anything can happen though so it's just kind of in the back of my mind. I can't wait until I have something else to drive everyday and it won't matter if I break something. My wife is conviced I am going to destroy my Jeep this weekend, but maybe she will loosen up a little bit after we get out there.
We will get you out of there alive and maybe a few scratches but hey....THATS JUST JEEPIN.....They will Buff out with some wax.....

Scooter....ummm.....if i remember correctly i have video of you backing out of one of the obstacles LOL!!!!!!!!

Derekjm she will be suprised and then want to come with you next time.
Old 04-16-2009, 11:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Warlock13
We will get you out of there alive and maybe a few scratches but hey....THATS JUST JEEPIN.....They will Buff out with some wax.....

Scooter....ummm.....if i remember correctly i have video of you backing out of one of the obstacles LOL!!!!!!!!

Derekjm she will be suprised and then want to come with you next time.
I hope so. Before I got my jeep I convinced her to let me take her Liberty to the Cliffs. It didn't end well. We got stuck right away and then later that day we slid into a tree and dented the fender. She doesn't seem to understand how much of a difference there is between my JK and her Liberty.
Old 04-16-2009, 11:50 AM
JK Junkie

I hope so. Before I got my jeep I convinced her to let me take her Liberty to the Cliffs. It didn't end well. We got stuck right away and then later that day we slid into a tree and dented the fender. She doesn't seem to understand how much of a difference there is between my JK and her Liberty.
I am in the same boat with the wife. She doesn't quite understand the whole offroad thing. She likes coming with me when she can, but is a nervous wreck the entire time. Good thing she is out of town...no worrying. My JK doesn't get driven much. It isn't my daily driver. That is a whole other can a worms with the wife. What can I say, I like to have toys.
Old 04-16-2009, 12:24 PM
wdw
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dburgette
I am in the same boat with the wife. She doesn't quite understand the whole offroad thing. She likes coming with me when she can, but is a nervous wreck the entire time. Good thing she is out of town...no worrying. My JK doesn't get driven much. It isn't my daily driver. That is a whole other can a worms with the wife. What can I say, I like to have toys.

I guess you better not hang around with me very much. I will have you into Golf Carts also.
Old 04-16-2009, 12:29 PM
JK Super Freak

I wish you could have been with us last weekend when bogdan came with his liberty....It was a sight to see what he went through.

Quick Reply: Badlands 4-18-09