JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Great Lakes (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/great-lakes-48/)
-   -   Central Indiana Meet and Greets? (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/great-lakes-48/central-indiana-meet-greets-179149/)

Fenrir 05-22-2011 07:49 PM

Central Indiana Meet and Greets?

INDY JKs,

I'm a native of the West Side of INDY, but have been living in Chicago. It looks like i'll be headed to INDY from Summer to Fall.

My question is, how strong is the INDY JK Group? Anyone organizing a suds and grub? Let me know :thumbsup:

I've been spoiled by the great group here in the Chicagolands. I've even challenged them to come down to INDY to say hello (though it's a drive).

Anywho, just curious. I know there are some awesome JKs in INDY as I've seen them in passing. I hope they're on this forum!:rock:

ms5490renegade 05-22-2011 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by ilflyya (Post 2306144)
INDY JKs,

I'm a native of the West Side of INDY, but have been living in Chicago. It looks like i'll be headed to INDY from Summer to Fall.

My question is, how strong is the INDY JK Group? Anyone organizing a suds and grub? Let me know :thumbsup:

I've been spoiled by the great group here in the Chicagolands. I've even challenged them to come down to INDY to say hello (though it's a drive).

Anywho, just curious. I know there are some awesome JKs in INDY as I've seen them in passing. I hope they're on this forum!:rock:

indy group is kind of weak. there are some great people, and your elitist a-holes. but its always a good time. im actually trying to set up the next one. we've had 2 in fishers now so i think its time to do one either west or south.
your the new guy. any places youve wanted to try out?

goirish 05-22-2011 08:44 PM

Im in let me know when it is and where, I have 4 of my friends that all have jk's as well Im sure they would love to have a meet and great in Indy.

goirish 05-22-2011 08:50 PM

I know that you said you had 1 in fishers but it would be great to meet at hamilton square mall in front of MO's great irish pub on thursday or friday great bands packed alot of people big lot to see the jk's.

Fenrir 05-22-2011 08:54 PM

Elitist JK owners in INDY? Do they only wheel in the finest mud? lol, eh they don't impress me.

Has INDY gotten any brewery restaurants with large parking lots?

goirish 05-22-2011 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by ilflyya (Post 2306224)
Elitist JK owners in INDY? Do they only wheel in the finest mud? lol, eh they don't impress me.

I know the RAM does noblesville, or we could go to the fox and hound on a tuesday they have $2 pitcher night

mhaines 05-23-2011 04:24 AM

Originally Posted by goirish

I know the RAM does noblesville, or we could go to the fox and hound on a tuesday they have $2 pitcher night

The last one was at the Ram. Good food and service! I'm on the west side, but would go back up there. Need to try and do the Pit Stop in Brownsburg sometime, good BBQ place, race themed, beer, and plenty of parking. Just a thought.

I don't know about the "finest" mud, but definitely the nicer malls! Lol :)

Mixilpidilstick 05-23-2011 05:00 AM

Rock Bottom is a good food and brew. It's right next to Circle Center so garage parking is available. Just a suggestion.

ms5490renegade 05-23-2011 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by Mixilpidilstick (Post 2306454)
Rock Bottom is a good food and brew. It's right next to Circle Center so garage parking is available. Just a suggestion.

The rock bottom off michigan is a bit less crowded location if you want to do that.
Garage parking costs $ plus the height is close

Sent using Charles Xavier

ms5490renegade 05-23-2011 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by ilflyya (Post 2306224)

Meant elitist jeep owners

_J__C_ 05-23-2011 03:08 PM

Once school is out the gf and I will come meet up with everyone downtown at one of these:) I like rock bottom and RAM. And of course changs...

ms5490renegade 05-24-2011 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by _J__C_ (Post 2307570)
Once school is out the gf and I will come meet up with everyone downtown at one of these:) I like rock bottom and RAM. And of course changs...

so should we take a vote or something?

_J__C_ 05-24-2011 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by ms5490renegade (Post 2309896)
so should we take a vote or something?

Haha.. No. I was :beer: and on my phone, just skimming through and thought I'd add my nickel after reading a few posts. I'd make the trip up if everyone met in a dive or some fancy place. Just something to do and meet some great people.

ms5490renegade 05-24-2011 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by _J__C_ (Post 2310079)
Haha.. No. I was :beer: and on my phone, just skimming through and thought I'd add my nickel after reading a few posts. I'd make the trip up if everyone met in a dive or some fancy place. Just something to do and meet some great people.

lol ive already chosen a location. its someone elses turn.
SOMEONE STEP UP!!!

_J__C_ 05-25-2011 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by ms5490renegade (Post 2310781)
lol ive already chosen a location. its someone elses turn.
SOMEONE STEP UP!!!

The earliest I could plan something is the 24th of June.

Fenrir 05-25-2011 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by ms5490renegade

The rock bottom off michigan is a bit less crowded location if you want to do that.
Garage parking costs $ plus the height is close

I love RB, but let's be honest, we want our jeeps to be seen ;-)

There is a RB on the north side still, right?

Off topic, did you guys hear that REI is coming to Castleton? I think sometime in 2012, they'll occupy the vacant "Linens and things" space!

ms5490renegade 05-25-2011 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by ilflyya (Post 2311225)
I love RB, but let's be honest, we want our jeeps to be seen ;-)

There is a RB on the north side still, right?

Off topic, did you guys hear that REI is coming to Castleton? I think sometime in 2012, they'll occupy the vacant "Linens and things" space!

REI? college park RB is a nice location

indyjeep 05-26-2011 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by goirish (Post 2306218)
I know that you said you had 1 in fishers but it would be great to meet at hamilton square mall in front of MO's great irish pub on thursday or friday great bands packed alot of people big lot to see the jk's.

Mo's does have a great parking lot and I hang out with a band that plays there often so I have to agree they have great bands!

I agree with most of the posters that a place with a nice, large outside parking lot would be nice. I'd like to have all the jeeps parked together so I can check out some of the mods folks have done. I am willing to drive though so northside, southside...it doesnt matter.

WillyWonka10 05-26-2011 06:44 AM

You know we will try our best to make the cruise down there!!!! :thumbsup:

FYI I will only come down there if there is a place i can set up my tent and have a bonfire just saying... CANDY MOUNTAIN!!!!! CHARLIE CHarlieeeeeeeee

ms5490renegade 05-26-2011 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by 2010jeeper (Post 2313432)

FYI I will only come down there if there is a place i can set up my tent and have a bonfire just saying... CANDY MOUNTAIN!!!!! CHARLIE CHarlieeeeeeeee

that, you have to know someone to do that. im pretty sure a bonfire in city limits is a crime lol

h1ker 05-27-2011 05:30 AM

Could do it at Squealers in Mooresville they have a large outdoor parking lot and great food!

mhaines 05-27-2011 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by h1ker
Could do it at Squealers in Mooresville they have a large outdoor parking lot and great food!

I'm good with that!

ms5490renegade 05-28-2011 10:28 PM

http://tapatalk.com/mu/aefd100c-e780-6af8.jpg
Its got a snorkel

Yea moorseville sounds good. Date?

h1ker 05-30-2011 05:09 AM

Someone else needs to call the date...It needs to be on a Friday evening because we have this large unofficial car show every Friday that we need to crash:thumbsup:

ms5490renegade 05-30-2011 02:57 PM

Next Friday?

h1ker 06-02-2011 04:32 AM

Im good with that. Any interest for the 10th?

ms5490renegade 06-02-2011 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by h1ker (Post 2325562)
Im good with that. Any interest for the 10th?

sounds good. im in!!!

Fenrir 06-02-2011 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by ms5490renegade (Post 2318224)
http://tapatalk.com/mu/aefd100c-e780-6af8.jpg
Its got a snorkel

Yea moorseville sounds good. Date?

HAHAHA! That's Me! I TOTALLY Saw you take this, you were in the radio shack right? LMAO

I'm down for the Mooresville Location

Fenrir 06-02-2011 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by 2010jeeper (Post 2313432)

Jake you can stay at my folk's place. We have a fire pit in the back yard. it's a bit tame compared to our previous fires lol

Fenrir 06-02-2011 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by ms5490renegade (Post 2312472)
REI? college park RB is a nice location

REI is an outdoor gear CO-OP. It stands for Recreational Equipment Inc.

Think of Galyans, but better!

Fenrir 06-02-2011 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Scooter Scott (Post 2327078)
Ahhh shit you guys are going to hiker's neck of the woods. I won't be able to make it on the 10th but I think I am a pretty cool dude and I would love to do a meet n greet. I think the last one I attended I only met hiker and mhaines (they aren't very exciting)

I KID I KID!

I love me some Moores-tucky! lol (I can't tease too much, I always like the girls there better than Plainfield when I was in HS)

mhaines 06-02-2011 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Scooter Scott
Ahhh shit you guys are going to hiker's neck of the woods. I won't be able to make it on the 10th but I think I am a pretty cool dude and I would love to do a meet n greet. I think the last one I attended I only met hiker and mhaines (they aren't very exciting)

I KID I KID!

Awww hell, that hurt man ?

Well crap, guess I'll just have to take Friday night off so I can make this one. I was thinking about it anyway just so I could get ready for Attica on the 11th and 12th.

mhaines 06-02-2011 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Scooter Scott

Haha you know I'm just playing buddy. Can't wait to meet up with you all again. Not sure if I will be able to make it that night or not.

:) yep

Are you gonna make it out to Attica that weekend?

h1ker 06-03-2011 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by ilflyya (Post 2327091)
I love me some Moores-tucky! lol (I can't tease too much, I always like the girls there better than Plainfield when I was in HS)

I went to Plainfield when did you graduate?

h1ker 06-03-2011 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by Scooter Scott (Post 2327078)

I KID I KID!

It'll be more fun with me and MHains than some lame ass engagement party:rotflmao2:

Fenrir 06-04-2011 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by h1ker (Post 2328055)
I went to Plainfield when did you graduate?

I graduated in 2000

ms5490renegade 06-07-2011 11:54 AM

what time are we doing this? my schedual changed and i need to try to get atleast an hour in there off

Fenrir 06-07-2011 06:07 PM

Won't be able to make it :-( but I'll be in Indy after the 4th of July until November so I'll be able to make many more!

Nickit1981 06-07-2011 06:18 PM

ha.. dont forget about us guys right across the border in Illinois... right down 74. haines. we are always looking to do something else new. Any of you guys going to the Badlands this weekend? We are camping out saturday night at the summers campground sats night and hanging out and sunday wheeling all day. I know there is supposed to be a huge group out there this weekend.

mhaines 06-07-2011 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Nickit1981
ha.. dont forget about us guys right across the border in Illinois... right down 74. haines. we are always looking to do something else new. Any of you guys going to the Badlands this weekend? We are camping out saturday night at the summers campground sats night and hanging out and sunday wheeling all day. I know there is supposed to be a huge group out there this weekend.

Have to meet up at the Covington steakhouse sometime. We'll be there Saturday with a group and probably on Sunday as well