Notices
Great Lakes If you live in the Great Lakes area (Minnesota, Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana and Ohio) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Chicagoland BS Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 12:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No, I still have not installed it yet. The instructions are calling for a Inch Torque Gauge, which I do not have. Most places I have read are saying to just torque it to 160 Ft/Lbs, but I haven't pulled the trigger on whether I should do it that way or not.
Too bad you are kind of far away, would be great to have a second opinion. Thanks for the offer though! Let me know if you feel up for a road trip!
Haha

Originally Posted by Warpedguy77
Did you get that shaft on? I would have been happy to help out but I'm not anywhere near Westmont.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:03 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok we need a late night bump. I want to plan a trip to the cliffs in mid march? Any one game?
Old 02-16-2012, 07:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by BLK07
Ok we need a late night bump. I want to plan a trip to the cliffs in mid march? Any one game?
Oh that's so close to home, wonder if a stock jeep would make it?
Old 02-17-2012, 04:27 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by BLK07
Are you thinking the 24th or 31st? I would be interested. I have never been there except to Run the Spartan Sprint.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Id be interested also in march. Shud have my winch by then.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:10 AM
JK Freak

For those planning to go I hope you like mud... last time I went that's all there is there. Trails are tight and poorly marked but from what I can tell they are working on that. Oh and did I mention mud? Every spot we went through had decent sized rutted out holes that like to bend tie rods. Also make sure you have rocker protrection esp. 4drs, drop offs are everywhere. Stockers can wheel there but make sure someone has a winch. Warpedguy and myself had to be winched a few times and we have decently modded jeeps on 35s. Iwont go back there until I have a dedicated trail pig that I'm not afraid to beat on. Its not as fun in a dd.
Any other questions about the cliffs,ill do my best to answer them
Old 02-17-2012, 10:19 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Firehound
For those planning to go I hope you like mud... last time I went that's all there is there. Trails are tight and poorly marked but from what I can tell they are working on that. Oh and did I mention mud? Every spot we went through had decent sized rutted out holes that like to bend tie rods. Also make sure you have rocker protrection esp. 4drs, drop offs are everywhere. Stockers can wheel there but make sure someone has a winch. Warpedguy and myself had to be winched a few times and we have decently modded jeeps on 35s. Iwont go back there until I have a dedicated trail pig that I'm not afraid to beat on. Its not as fun in a dd.
Any other questions about the cliffs,ill do my best to answer them
Well I guess that helps me make my decision! NO! Thanks dude
Old 02-17-2012, 12:11 PM
JK Freak

I did the Spartan Run there in October. Shoe sucking thick mud and I couldn't tell you what was a trail or just woods. It did seem tight and I was wondering how my 4 door would fit
Old 02-17-2012, 01:41 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Been there a couple years back I know how you all felt. But like you said, they did some remodeling.... I can give them a call to see whats new etc. but just had the urge to finally have some fun on trails with my 4door. Me and one other person...
Old 02-17-2012, 05:09 PM
JK Freak

Got my flares installed!

Quick Reply: Chicagoland BS Thread