Notices
Great Lakes If you live in the Great Lakes area (Minnesota, Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana and Ohio) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Drummond Island Jamboree

Old 02-13-2010, 05:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drummond Island Jamboree

Even though the cost is high, I decided to register for the Drummond Island Jeep Jamboree today.

We went in 2008 and really had a great time. I was uneasy about the cost prior to going, but once we experienced the production that they put together we realized that it is worth the cost.

This year my Jeep will represent 3 generations of my family. My father and my two boys will be joining me. They will be 5 and 4 at the time.

Is anybody else planning on going? Maybe a JK-Forum bonfire could be had on Thursday night.
Old 03-07-2010, 10:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Im in. Invited another fellow Jeep owner.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would really like to get up there this year but I just can't justify paying hundreds of dollars to go on a jamboree. I can take the money saved from going and buy myself a winch!

We should try to get a JK forum trip set for Drummond Island sometime this summer instead!
Old 03-08-2010, 03:52 PM
rah
JK Newbie

I signed up. This will be our third year
Old 03-30-2010, 05:52 AM
JK Newbie

i was thinking about this, and I have an unmlimted x with 17 inch tire package. Is there a lot of people there with stock JK's? I didn't get a really warm fuzzy feeling from the jamboree people when I talked to them and told them I had a stock Jeep? And I'll be honest with you, This is the first jeep I've owned, and never done any real off roading? I also have a daughter who's 8 and a son who's 5, so is this a good family trip? You can only get so much from a flyer. So I was looking for some people who have really experienced this already and their opinion?

Jeep Unlimited X "S Package"
Dual tops and mopar rubicon rock rails(I just like the way they finish the jeep off)
IS summer here yet, I'm ready to take the top off?
Old 03-30-2010, 06:39 PM
rah
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by magicman13
i was thinking about this, and I have an unmlimted x with 17 inch tire package. Is there a lot of people there with stock JK's? I didn't get a really warm fuzzy feeling from the jamboree people when I talked to them and told them I had a stock Jeep? And I'll be honest with you, This is the first jeep I've owned, and never done any real off roading? I also have a daughter who's 8 and a son who's 5, so is this a good family trip? You can only get so much from a flyer. So I was looking for some people who have really experienced this already and their opinion?

Jeep Unlimited X "S Package"
Dual tops and mopar rubicon rock rails(I just like the way they finish the jeep off)
IS summer here yet, I'm ready to take the top off?
I would not worry about it. DI is not too hard. You will not be the only one with a stock rig. This is a great jamboree to start with. The people are great and the trail guides know the trails well. Jamboree's are a family event so dont worry about your kids. They will have a blast. You can not ask for a more beautiful place also.
Old 03-31-2010, 06:54 AM
JK Newbie

would the Goodyear sr-a tires ok for this? Or do I need a better off road tire?

I was really kicking this idea around, and it does sound like a lot of fun. I'm sure the kids would have fun, as they love daddy's jeep. In fact at age's 8 and 5 they are already arguing who's gonna get the jeep.

Magicman
Old 03-31-2010, 07:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by magicman13
would the Goodyear sr-a tires ok for this? Or do I need a better off road tire?

I was really kicking this idea around, and it does sound like a lot of fun. I'm sure the kids would have fun, as they love daddy's jeep. In fact at age's 8 and 5 they are already arguing who's gonna get the jeep.

Magicman
When I went in 2008 my Jeep was completely stock. I had no issues whatsoever. They break it into group based on your ability as well as your Jeeps. They wont put you with a Jeep on 37" tires if you are stock. They will take different lines with stock Jeeps than with buiolt Jeeps. You will challenge yourself though for sure. The guides are great and you do not need expierence, just common sense.

My boys that time were 2 and 4 and they had a blast.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Stock jeeps are fine, and the crew up at Drummond is second to none. The Olmsteads who run it won't let anyone feel left out. They run around 10 different levels of groups- I ran Modified/experienced (3rd hardest group) and there was very little that couldn't be done in a stock jeep. A stock liberty was there last year in the stock/newb group and I don't think they had any problem w/ stock tires. It is totally family friendly, I think i'm taking my wife up this year as a intro to the jeep world. There are fun people...Seek out Superdave or MVH...they will do anything for anyone.

Last year we had some *irritating* folks in rusty old Cherokees that kept trying crap they shouldn't and finally ripped their control arm off their axle on one shredded a drive shaft on the other- Superdave welded the arm back on and helped to fix the driveshaft...All for free. Still trying to figure out why Daves wife makes him wear a helmet? ...probably because he's on like roof #4 on his cherokee.

Don't forget Cash if you head to drummond...they are oldschool as hell up there! And the staff take as tips...usually a bonfire for all the saturday night. Hopefully i'll see ya'll there!
Old 04-11-2010, 02:04 PM
JK Freak

yup i am going!!! =]

Quick Reply: Drummond Island Jamboree