Notices
Great Lakes If you live in the Great Lakes area (Minnesota, Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana and Ohio) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

feb 20th badlands run

Old 02-16-2011, 06:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

id love to go if theres enough people to form an easier (but not too easy) group. ill try whatever trails im asked to but im still stock height/tires and dont want to be the one to hold back anyone from hitting the hard trails.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

I learned faith in my rig at the new years run. h1ker and big john showed us some fun spots for sure. i know i saw some but is there usually a bypass option on the harder spots? if so, ill be more inclined to tag along.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mocar
I learned faith in my rig at the new years run. h1ker and big john showed us some fun spots for sure. i know i saw some but is there usually a bypass option on the harder spots? if so, ill be more inclined to tag along.
For the most part, yes. I haven't found many areas that I can't tag along, and can avoid the bad spots. And I chill and watch as Cody and some others do the more challenging spots. It's not bad.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mocar
Ya you need to go itll be a blast.....Just need to look before you back up there will be 2 others looking for easier stuff that are coming up with me so we can accommodate..
Old 02-17-2011, 04:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by _J__C_
For the most part, yes. I haven't found many areas that I can't tag along, and can avoid the bad spots. And I chill and watch as Cody and some others do the more challenging spots. It's not bad.
sounds good guys. ill keep an eye on the rain, if it stays around 40% or below, ill more than likely be there

Originally Posted by h1ker
Ya you need to go itll be a blast.....Just need to look before you back up there will be 2 others looking for easier stuff that are coming up with me so we can accommodate..
yea, my license plate is still dangling by zipties lol its kind of a daily reminder to check my blind spot when backing up, especially whens theres trees around
Old 02-17-2011, 04:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Scooter Scott
Depending on how muddy it is the only issue you might have is traction through some stuff but mostly you will be just fine.
yea, thats my biggest concern now, getting stuck everywhere in the mud with my crap tires. but hey, thats why we have recovery points aint it?
Old 02-17-2011, 08:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Sloppy sounds fun, after all I never got stuck or had any traction problems on the new years run, so sunday should be another good learning experience.
Old 02-17-2011, 02:50 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I was gonna try and meet up with you guys again. Hadn't said anything cause grandma has been sick, well she passed this morning :( and the showing is Sunday.
Hope you guys have good weather and don't forget to post up the pics and vids.
Old 02-17-2011, 02:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

ive seen 30% and 40% rain so far. i am a gambling man but ill just wait til sunday morning and check the radar. if it looks like its going to rain, ill be heading back to sleep. if little to no rain, ill be leaving chicago around 530 and should arrive at the badlands right around 9.
Old 02-17-2011, 02:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mhaines
I was gonna try and meet up with you guys again. Hadn't said anything cause grandma has been sick, well she passed this morning :( and the showing is Sunday.
Hope you guys have good weather and don't forget to post up the pics and vids.
Very sorry to hear that, my condolences to you and your family.

Quick Reply: feb 20th badlands run