Notices
Great Lakes If you live in the Great Lakes area (Minnesota, Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana and Ohio) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Help me build a MN trail rig!

Old 06-18-2012, 05:59 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by duluthjk
Wow that looks familiar here's mine the day I brought it home:

And here is what it looks like now:

With the 35's and 3.73 gears it is a little sluggish. I will regear this fall or winter. Leave it stock and see what you want to change. Where exactly are you located? A bunch of Duluth people are headed to Gilbert on June 23rd, you are welcome to join us.
Looks great!

I'm down in the ciities, Champlin to be exact. I'd love to join you guys, but already have plans to do some kayaking down the Namakagon River. Keep me posted though as I certainly would like to join you guys sometime.
Old 06-18-2012, 06:30 PM
JK Newbie

1. MN's Off-Road Vehicle registration. This will allow you to get into the parks in Gilbert and Appleton. And onto the Mesabi Mountain Trail in Eveleth. It is $38.50 for three years.
What does the DMV need to get the ORV registration? We literally just got the Jeep so no title or anything yet.
Old 06-18-2012, 07:45 PM
JK Freak

Just tell the DMV that you need an Off-Road Vehicle registration.

If you are looking for a way to get out with your Jeep, do some mild-moderate off-roading and want to meet a lot of great Jeep people and maybe win some parts for your JK you should come up to the Crawl 4 the Cure in July (19-22) (dubWW.crawl4cure.org) It is an event to raise money for the Multiple Sclerosis Society of Minnesota. Dan at Burnsville off-road puts the screws to all his vendors and gets lots of awesome stuff donated for door prizes. But hurry, there are only a few slots left. I will be one of your friendly trail guides for the weekend.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:16 PM
JK Newbie

Just tell the DMV that you need an Off-Road Vehicle registration.

If you are looking for a way to get out with your Jeep, do some mild-moderate off-roading and want to meet a lot of great Jeep people and maybe win some parts for your JK you should come up to the Crawl 4 the Cure in July (19-22) (dubWW.crawl4cure.org) It is an event to raise money for the Multiple Sclerosis Society of Minnesota. Dan at Burnsville off-road puts the screws to all his vendors and gets lots of awesome stuff donated for door prizes. But hurry, there are only a few slots left. I will be one of your friendly trail guides for the weekend.
Sounds like a great excuse to get back up to the Iron Range!

Does the DMV need the VIN or any proof of ownership?
Old 06-19-2012, 10:00 AM
JK Freak

I have only ever bought mine at the park in Gilbert. They know what they are doing. You shouldn't buy it until you have your permenant plates on there because you need to put the sticker on the rear plate.

I know people that have bought them at the DMV and ended up getting registered as an ATV, your best bet is to buy it at the park in Gilbert.

Quick Reply: Help me build a MN trail rig!