Notices
Great Lakes If you live in the Great Lakes area (Minnesota, Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana and Ohio) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Illinois JKs Check In

Old 02-21-2011, 03:14 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nickit1981
me and the gf in the jeep on the way to a concert...
NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup :
Old 02-21-2011, 04:27 AM
JK Newbie

I'm originally from Fairbury,Il And finished High school in Rantoul, Il... Just giving a friendly shout out to the illinoisians from the frozen tundra of Alaska.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cigar196
Gents I'll take any and all help I can get lol. Spring is coming and it'd be great to have a local meet, whether it's for wheeling, beverages or just bsing.... Feel free to pm me anytime and let's do this !
I would also like to do a a 'more northerly' meet as a contrast to the one in Aurora coming up. Maybe in the spring? Some decent burger joint like the Bristol 45 Diner or Charcoal Grille in Burlington?
Old 03-06-2011, 08:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thanks A Ton Blendo, even though I'm an idiot....

Hey all, I'm really wanting to install a Terra Flex leveling kit on my 09'unlimited, but I'm wondering if anyone local has done this and wants to help me out and provide some adult supervision (for a 40 yr old ) . I've read a number of write-ups and this does not seem like that difficult of an install, but I'm "that guy" where nothing ever seems to go as easy as it should. I will happily return the favor if anyone is interested....Btw, I will come to you if that helps...with
So I had to give big props to Blendo here for answering my call! Blendo came to my house this morning to help me install my Terraflex leveling kit. Sadly, when he arrived, (after a 30 min drive) I discovered that thanx to NTB tightening the crap out of my lugs, I did not have the appropriate breaker bar, etc to get my lugs off
Blendo without hesitation invited me back to his garage to use his tools and do the install. Of course, murphy's law kicked in there, when I broke his 3/8-1/2" socket adapter after removing 3 lugs on the 1st tire. At this time, we decided to scrub the install for the day...lol Karma was not cooperating.....

As it turned out an old friend of mine (who's a mechanic-with air tools) surfaced after a year today. I talked to him and when he was done laughing at me, he invited me over to do the install and now it's done

The main reason for this post though is to let you all know what a class act Blendo is for stepping up and putting up with my dumb ass today. Thanks bro! I owe you one and oh yeah...got a new socket for ya!
Old 03-06-2011, 09:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Checking in from Edision park. Waiting on my hardtop to come tomorrow. If the dealer jags me around again and tells me it's delayed in punching him in his face. :-)
Old 03-07-2011, 05:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thumbs up

Hah, thanks Mike.

We had quite a morning didn't we? Hope NTB didn't cross-thread or damage those wheel studs when they HULK-ed the nuts on!

At least it was a learning experience. Hope you bought more tools than some socket adapters at the store!

Chris

So I had to give big props to Blendo here for answering my call! Blendo came to my house this morning to help me install my Terraflex leveling kit. Sadly, when he arrived, (after a 30 min drive) I discovered that thanx to NTB tightening the crap out of my lugs, I did not have the appropriate breaker bar, etc to get my lugs off
Blendo without hesitation invited me back to his garage to use his tools and do the install. Of course, murphy's law kicked in there, when I broke his 3/8-1/2" socket adapter after removing 3 lugs on the 1st tire. At this time, we decided to scrub the install for the day...lol Karma was not cooperating.....

As it turned out an old friend of mine (who's a mechanic-with air tools) surfaced after a year today. I talked to him and when he was done laughing at me, he invited me over to do the install and now it's done

The main reason for this post though is to let you all know what a class act Blendo is for stepping up and putting up with my dumb ass today. Thanks bro! I owe you one and oh yeah...got a new socket for ya!
Old 03-07-2011, 10:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Blendo
Hah, thanks Mike.

We had quite a morning didn't we? Hope NTB didn't cross-thread or damage those wheel studs when they HULK-ed the nuts on!

At least it was a learning experience. Hope you bought more tools than some socket adapters at the store!

Chris
Lol Chris,
It was quite the productive trip to home depot. Let's just say I'm far better prepared for future mods
Old 03-17-2011, 06:01 PM
JK Newbie

Springfield, Il checking in, yeah, the other Capitol.
Old 03-17-2011, 06:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JOSHUA76
Springfield, Il checking in, yeah, the other Capitol.
welcome aboard... id check into the midwest groups.. so you can meet some of us in your "area." trust me.. it will help when you have questions and need help changing something on your jeep!
Old 03-17-2011, 06:50 PM
JK Newbie

Since the weather was nice today I decided to try to take the doors off. I haven't ever taken them off before (bought the JK used in November). I couldn't believe how freaking hard it was. I highly doubt the previous owner had EVER had those doors off. I hit them with WD-40 and PB Blaster and still struggled for nearly an hour. I was literally sitting on a work stool, a 2x4 laying across my lap, with 2 dogbone style car wash sponges wrapped in a microfiber towel lifting up with my legs and trying to shim back and forth. I must have looked like a total retard but, I finally got 'em out and it was worth it. I drove around for a bit and loved it. Sucks the weather is gonna be bad all weekend. I would have kept them off, but after a lot of white lithium grease I put them back on 'til it really warms up. Can't wait!

Quick Reply: Illinois JKs Check In