Notices
Great Lakes If you live in the Great Lakes area (Minnesota, Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana and Ohio) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

jeeps...a sickness?

Old 04-22-2009, 08:21 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by joepile
ive got a fever

and the only cure is MORE COWBELL!!!

sorry i couldnt resist, but yes the jeep is a sickness i firmly believe that
nah, cowbell is great and all but the cure is LESS girlfriend

then you don't have anyone nagging you about how much $$$$ you shower your Jeep with.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:23 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by scottrock
nah, cowbell is great and all but the cure is LESS girlfriend

then you don't have anyone nagging you about how much $$$$ you shower your Jeep with.
or less boyfriend.. worked for me
Old 04-22-2009, 10:09 AM
JK Freak

Talking Jeep Fever

Originally Posted by PIPES2008
I was out behind the Jeep, with the tailgate open, last night trying to repeatedly, pull a padded moving blanket, that was stuck, from under the rear seats...image the motion in your heads, when from the house I hear, "Mini-me, stop humping the "La-ser" !" my wife thinks she's so funny!--she doesnt get the whole mod thing either, but I think she's coming around-
I used to think you were crazy- but now I can see your nuts! (A-thank-you!)

Jeep fever has been an issue of mine for some time. I mean, does this look like the contents of a normal person's glove box?

Please forgive the cleanliness of the interior. It was only a day old...

Last edited by Dubya; 04-22-2009 at 10:57 AM.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:50 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Warlock13
Good lord not only do i have the jeep bug but in 5 months after my wedding the wife is getting a four door for our family vehicle.....she wants big tires and lights also!!!!

Two JKs in the family. Now that sounds like an addiction I wish I had.

Originally Posted by JKRINGO
The really bad thing is this addiction only seems to get worse! There's no such thing as "The Last Mod". We don't own Jeeps they own us!
Well said. I think my wife is finally coming around. It helps that her father has the addiction, so she doesn't think it is just me.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

I wanted a Jeep for YEARS!! I finally got my first one in Jan. of this year. (agreement was 4th child in exchange for Jeep)
My wife used to get upset that all I wanted to do was mod my '89 Honda NT650. I finally got all that I want to do to it done and now I have a Jeep and another child coming. The wife is the Chief Financial Officer and has ended my budget.
I don't want to do too much, Lift, Tires, Steps. Since all those need budget approval and would go noticed if I spent that much I have to resort to slow cheaper mods. I did the dash painting, plan on the grill mod, and have just gotten a cb. Hiding the cb is gonna be tough. I purchased the cb and antenna stuff separate and spaced out through the month. I'm hiding the purchases on my credit card. The amount should be low enough and spread out enough it will go un-noticed. Hopefully....
This is an evil sickness. Bad enough that I offered to sell my road bicycle to my brother in law to finance parts. Sadly he didn't have enough $$
Old 04-22-2009, 01:51 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Dubya
I used to think you were crazy- but now I can see your nuts! (A-thank-you!)

Jeep fever has been an issue of mine for some time. I mean, does this look like the contents of a normal person's glove box?

Please forgive the cleanliness of the interior. It was only a day old...
Old 04-23-2009, 06:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

My OCD is always up and running. I can get away with it with my collector cars (as long as I sell one every once in awhile) but I'm working on the mods as my wife thinks it's fine as it is. It was originally hers for about 2 weeks (she picked it out) It was supposed to be her toy but the her being short of stature (she dresses for work on occasion, the rough ride compared to her Rendezvous which was now mine, the lack of ease for her to drop the top (all things I warned her about) she handed the keys and said she wants her buick back (POS) had to sell it and she got what she really wanted in the first place a Volvo wagon (It is an XC 70 at least) but I got the Jeep with 2 payments mods will be few and far between for now. the downside of no mods is minimal to the peasure I have by it being MY jeep. A small price to pay.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:56 AM
JK Newbie

My girlfriend has gotten to the point to say "just order them because I'm sick of you looking on-line and in 10 different magazines".

What she doesn't realize is once I order one thing, there is something else I have to research and buy.
Old 04-29-2009, 12:44 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i got my first jeep in 89 (wrangler) then a 95 Cherokee then 01 grand Cherokee now back to the start 07 jk 4 door YEP I GOT THE BUG and my 22 yr old son got it to his first jeep was a 95 wrangler and now he got himself a 07 2 door and drives it like he stole it my lil one has the grand Cherokee but wants the wrangler my aunt liked them so for a fun thing i found her an 06 with 8k and yes IT IS CONTAGUS
Old 04-29-2009, 01:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

My first vehicle was an 81 K-5 Blazer. Since then I always wanted a Jeep. Two years ago we talked about getting a used one. When we saw the 4 door she insisted I get it. You don't think I argued do you. Two years later she definatly regrets it. She loves the Jeep hates all the extras.

Quick Reply: jeeps...a sickness?