Notices
Great Lakes If you live in the Great Lakes area (Minnesota, Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana and Ohio) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Looking for a reputable shop in Metro Detroit for a R&P swap

Old 10-04-2012, 05:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a reputable shop in Metro Detroit for a R&P swap

Anybody have suggestions?

I will be calling DTS tomorrow for a quote but was curious if there are other shops in Southeast Michigan I should be contacting as well. I live in Shelby Township (48315) so any place within 50 miles or so would be great.

Also, whats a typical price for a R&P swap for a D30 front and D44 rear?

Thanks!

Old 10-05-2012, 07:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

DTS quote was $300 ea for Superior gearsets and $360 install per axle plus a $50 "what if" charge if they find anything unusual. With tax he said approx $1400. I didn't think it was a rip off by any means but reasonable for the work done by what I think is a reputable shop.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JKagermeister
DTS quote was $300 ea for Superior gearsets and $360 install per axle plus a $50 "what if" charge if they find anything unusual. With tax he said approx $1400. I didn't think it was a rip off by any means but reasonable for the work done by what I think is a reputable shop.
I got a quote from Unlimited Offroad Centers in Fenton,MI to re-gear my jeep with 5.13's Yukon gears. The quote is for $1303. I am going ahead with it on Monday.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

I actually live in Shelby also. Got mine (5.13s) done at Unlimited off road centers in Fenton, went with the Yukons. A little out of the way but not too bad of a drive. Hold them to the quote they give you, they told me a higher number the second time I went in but it ended up being around $1,400.00. Haven't had any problems with them and have at least 10,000 on them. They have a bunch of Jeeps there as well. Seems like they know their stuff pretty well. Another shop that is more south is Jeepers Creepers. I don't know too much about them though.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

got the gears done on Monday at Unlimited offroad centers. When they quoted the job to me, they emailed me the quote and I had to email them the confirmation. So they didn't have any room really to give me a different price. jeep drives well and it was $1303.49 for the re-gear. I friend has bought parts from jeepers creepers but has never done any installs from them.

Last edited by brother ika; 10-09-2012 at 01:46 PM.

Quick Reply: Looking for a reputable shop in Metro Detroit for a R&P swap