Notices
Great Lakes If you live in the Great Lakes area (Minnesota, Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana and Ohio) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Michigan (and surrounding areas) BS thread

Old 11-09-2011, 04:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Imposter_LRF
What day works for everyone? I am booked this weekend and next weekend we are pulling FalconKR5's front axle to do Gussets/Sleeves/skids...guess we could still do it that weekend?
Are you doing FalconKR5's stuff at your place Ryan??
Old 11-09-2011, 04:20 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by mscedro2

Are you doing FalconKR5's stuff at your place Ryan??
Mine or his, haven't decided yet. either way we'll throw the axle in my truck and take it to work. They have 480V welders with thick(ish) wire, super easy to get good penetration!

Dont ask me to do sheetmetal though, ask MrJones...I struggle still with that. Thick metal though is a.cakewalk!
Old 11-09-2011, 04:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by lightningsti

I like this idea, maybe a dinner and some beers!
That's an awesome idea! B-dubs sounds like a winner
Old 11-09-2011, 04:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Imposter_LRF
Mine or his, haven't decided yet. either way we'll throw the axle in my truck and take it to work. They have 480V welders with thick(ish) wire, super easy to get good penetration!

Dont ask me to do sheetmetal though, ask MrJones...I struggle still with that. Thick metal though is a.cakewalk!
hmmm...I may join you guys and dust off my welding helmet (been since 2006...). Yes...you're right...thicker metal is easy-peasy .
Old 11-09-2011, 06:16 PM
JK Freak

This is shaping up to be sounding pretty good.
Do you guys think some welding may have time to be done on mine too? Or is there the possibility of using the welder again another time?
Old 11-09-2011, 06:20 PM
JK Freak

How bout a MI buffing party LMAO I could sure use it
Old 11-10-2011, 01:04 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by mscedro2
hmmm...I may join you guys and dust off my welding helmet (been since 2006...). Yes...you're right...thicker metal is easy-peasy .
I have been practicing the sheet metal because I feel really bad about my shitty welds on Dan's (MrJones) exhaust. I think he deserves better on that beauty! But dust that thing off! The more the merrier!

Originally Posted by AptPupil
This is shaping up to be sounding pretty good.
Do you guys think some welding may have time to be done on mine too? Or is there the possibility of using the welder again another time?
Oh I think that a little weld could be laid down for the red leader...even if not during that weekend, there are plenty of weekends till spring arrives . What are you thinking? Gussets/Sleeves?

Originally Posted by jeep4life
How bout a MI buffing party LMAO I could sure use it
HAH! You aren't even kidding man! If I knew anything about buffing, I would totally be in, but all I know is how to drop it off at Ziebart, pay my money, and pick up something that looks brand new at the end of the day
Old 11-10-2011, 02:56 AM
JK Freak

Yeah gussets, sleeves, skids. I was thinking of about those rse shells too. But that may be a bit premature yet. I'd like to hear what Kevin has to say on the subject first.
3 more sleeps until wheelin'
Old 11-10-2011, 03:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AptPupil
Yeah gussets, sleeves, skids. I was thinking of about those rse shells too. But that may be a bit premature yet. I'd like to hear what Kevin has to say on the subject first.
3 more sleeps until wheelin'
Personally I am planning to run 37's with the front axle EVO kit for reinforcement... internal sleeves, gussets, and LCA axle mount skids. Not that I know much about axles (), but more welds on the outside of the tube make me nervous vs. plug welds up the length of the tube. I'd do a prorock 44 before adding more than this personally.
Old 11-10-2011, 03:40 AM
JK Freak

I'll let you buy me one.