Notices
Great Lakes If you live in the Great Lakes area (Minnesota, Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana and Ohio) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

my psc fenders finally got here

Old 01-24-2010, 05:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

as for the install of these they went pretty smothly. my main hickup was the nutsert tool had to small of a head on it and would push the washer back up and i would round off the bolt head. so my solution was to take a bigger nut that fit over the bolt head and i welded it it on there. no more problems after that. the sheet metal on the jk is just so thin and almost worthless. i feel like plastic would have been stronger lol.

overall i am again happy with the fit of these. the front part of the armor is my only complaint it has about a 3/16th inch gap on both sides (only visible if you look down on it. it really strengthens the side of the jeep and will help protect it till i order up some rocker knockers. for now my rubi rails will do the trick. here is a few pictures for you and again sorry for the low light but i didn't finish till after dark. i had to use the shop lights again.

i also did my c2 gussets and lower control arm skids two weeks ago, but didn't post up a pictures so here is a shot of them.

i know the welds are not perffect but i was a little rusty and had not welded in 6 years and i like my mig better but i had to use the arc cause my mig needed a little maintenence. they will deffinatley hold fine but just needed a little grinding lol.
Old 01-24-2010, 06:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Real Nice!!!!! makes it even harder to have to wait for mine....
Old 01-24-2010, 07:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Those look really good.
Old 01-25-2010, 06:36 AM
JK Super Freak

thanks guys when will yours be in dex? i really had a hard time drilling all those holes in my 2 month old jeep but i am happy with them. the sheet metal is a joke on the jk. i would call it tin foil if it was a different color lol.
Old 01-25-2010, 07:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by codysanders
thanks guys when will yours be in dex? i really had a hard time drilling all those holes in my 2 month old jeep but i am happy with them. the sheet metal is a joke on the jk. i would call it tin foil if it was a different color lol.
They shipped out last Fri., should be by the end of the week is suppose...
I really like the look of yours, I opted for the sliders instead of the rocker cover.
Can't wait....

I will have my 2-door Rubicon sliders available if anyone wants them, make me a good offer and after I've got them off ( probably a week or two ), I'll get them to you...
They are in great shape, no damage....
Old 01-25-2010, 07:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dex1
They shipped out last Fri., should be by the end of the week is suppose...
I really like the look of yours, I opted for the sliders instead of the rocker cover.
Can't wait....

I will have my 2-door Rubicon sliders available if anyone wants them, make me a good offer and after I've got them off ( probably a week or two ), I'll get them to you...
They are in great shape, no damage....

I might be interested... Let me know what you want for them.

Quick Reply: my psc fenders finally got here