Notices
Great Lakes If you live in the Great Lakes area (Minnesota, Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana and Ohio) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Rochester MN area meet and Greet 3/5/11

Old 02-28-2011, 07:50 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well wish me luck guys just took my car to the dealer again tonight for the gas tank fuel spit back thingy..them guys didnt believe that my car was doing it so they kept it for 4 hours..finally i said i was going to just show them..so i end up spending 50 buck putting a full tank into my car so they can finally see how much falls out. funny thing was that the tech that was with me kept tryin to change the gas handle to low! so i kept changing it back to high flow. then finally i was like dude! watch dont mess with it. and 5 mins after! !!! bamm!!! about half a quart spit out onto his boots. it seems like everything that i brought it in for wasnt acting up when i wasnt there..but once i got there they finally saw that the car had a long start or crank and then the radio buttons stop working if you just turn the car on with out cranking.! im so proud of myself tonight. ooh yeah the back seat latch is broken too..but yeah back to im so pround of myself.. now they are sayin that my extended warranty might not cover it but i say if it doesnt then ill have to talk to the financal dude that sold it to me. i didnt pay 2400$ for a warranty that doesnt cover stuff that is suppose to be underwarranty.

well any input on this would be helpfull too. thanks
Old 03-01-2011, 07:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would think all that stuff should be covered Espescially the fuel filler issue, thats not something that the users can just "break"
Old 03-01-2011, 04:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

hey R-L there is a recall on this, I got a letter in the mail. They should know what to do. My dealer said have too replace the whole tank assy. what dealer are you working with?
Old 03-01-2011, 04:34 PM
JK Freak

im working with roseville right now. they are being Boitches! and my warranty will only cover a certain amount cause the dealer will only let them cover it. freaken hate this crap..stupid warranty wont even cover my rear seat head rest. what the fuk its not a trim piece its the freaken cable that is broken inside the seat & not letting my headrest pop backwards.! ooh yeah due to my car not being in the range of the recall i wont be getting the letter...but i decided to call chyrsler today and am talking to a case manager tomorrow about this. but i had to even go there last night to pump a full tank so that they will see it. i kept on putting it on high and the tech was fighting with me to put it on low..then he told me to leave it on low for now on. i was like wtf you crazy i do what the fukever i want with my car! just look and see what happens. then bamm while we was talking the pump stop and then 2secs later his shoes was coverd with gas.
but probably due to issue with getting my car back i might not be able to go to the meet. bumb thing was that while talking to the complaints people they said that my car is the first they seen as a sahara with all 5 recalls done to it. only the lower model jeeps like the x will have the recall not the rubi or the sahara since they are built better.!

damn sorry guys im pretty damn pissed off tonight.

ok ok i got it define interior trim? is it just the cloth or the head rest? what if the interior trim has moving parts in it is it still consider interior trim or a work mech..?

this is what i got..
interior trim
Definition
noun
the panels, linings, decorative facings, upholstery and covers inside a vehicle

Last edited by runnin-low; 03-01-2011 at 04:56 PM.
Old 03-02-2011, 04:26 AM
JK Super Freak

Just remember to play nice...the dealer will be a lot less helpful when they are at you.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:16 AM
JK Freak

well i guess since my jeep was built and purchase in nov of 06 i wont be eligable to get it fixed. the case manager said that my car doesnt show any indication of fuel spitting out and that the fuel spitback isnt a recall just a investigation... it only effect certain cars ( only about 160,000) jeeps out there maybe more.
she told me to live with it and that if i want to get it fix to pay out of pocket. there wont be any rembusments either. i think this is a bunch of bs! i dont know what to say anymore about jeep. i love my wrangler but if the customer service is this bad i dont know if i even want my warranty anymore.
Old 03-02-2011, 01:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Bring it to Park Jeep and see what they say first before giving up. The guy I deal with there ROCKS.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:42 AM
JK Super Freak

ok... back to the topic at hand .... mmmmmmmm.

Old 03-03-2011, 01:14 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jeepmedic
ok... back to the topic at hand .... mmmmmmmm.
Thank you! I was wondering what happened to our M&G thread.

Is this a show & shine event do I need to wash the Jeep
Old 03-03-2011, 02:06 PM
JK Newbie

I hope not or I'm not coming....Jeeps don't look as good clean...I will be there but my Jeep will be dirty guaranteed

Quick Reply: Rochester MN area meet and Greet 3/5/11