Notices
Great Lakes If you live in the Great Lakes area (Minnesota, Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana and Ohio) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Sept 25th-Bundy Hill

Old 10-09-2011, 09:59 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ChryslerChris

Just saw this. Let's start another separate thread to gauge interest, maybe?

I'm in as a maybe. Saving my brownie points for the R&V trip in December.
Why does no one suggest The Mounds? Open everyday right now and through the end of the year.
I think a small group is headed that way this Friday. Taking a day off and keep the weekend for bow hunting.
Old 10-09-2011, 10:10 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jctnt1

Why does no one suggest The Mounds? Open everyday right now and through the end of the year.
I think a small group is headed that way this Friday. Taking a day off and keep the weekend for bow hunting.
I've heard its just a bunch of mud and that big trucks tear it up and make it badly rutted. So I guess...whats the truth? You've been there, educate us
Old 10-09-2011, 10:34 AM
JK Freak

My only experience at The Mounds was to go there for the "grand opening" Saturday of their new rock course (s). That was 3 weeks ago.

I didn't see 90% of the park and have a desire to check the rest out. It's not R&V (which I believe is the best offered in the lower) but it is a place closer for the south easterners (day trips) and provides a play ground/meet and greet opportunity. They do have trails that can mud up after heavy days of rain. They have basic wide open trails and areas to by pass more extreme routes. The rock area, was interesting. It had very well groomed small rock gardens as well as a medium rock area and the big rock mountain with slab wall. They offer a serious woods rock trail that is great to spectate and watch carnage . Even with my well built rig, I don't see me trying 4-6 foot rocks. If you want big mud bogs to get winched out of, they have those too. So, I put it in a day trip playground category.

Last edited by jctnt1; 10-09-2011 at 10:37 AM.
Old 10-09-2011, 10:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Imposter_LRF

I've heard its just a bunch of mud and that big trucks tear it up and make it badly rutted. So I guess...whats the truth? You've been there, educate us
I mean there is some mud holes like that, but its still a good amount of trails and a great rock course from what I heard
Old 10-09-2011, 12:15 PM
JK Super Freak

My only experience at The Mounds was to go there for the "grand opening" Saturday of their new rock course (s). That was 3 weeks ago.

I didn't see 90% of the park and have a desire to check the rest out. It's not R&V (which I believe is the best offered in the lower) but it is a place closer for the south easterners (day trips) and provides a play ground/meet and greet opportunity. They do have trails that can mud up after heavy days of rain. They have basic wide open trails and areas to by pass more extreme routes. The rock area, was interesting. It had very well groomed small rock gardens as well as a medium rock area and the big rock mountain with slab wall. They offer a serious woods rock trail that is great to spectate and watch carnage . Even with my well built rig, I don't see me trying 4-6 foot rocks. If you want big mud bogs to get winched out of, they have those too. So, I put it in a day trip playground category.
Hey I'm game for the Mounds! Did you want to organize it? I can only go after October though. Got family in town so I can't get away.
Old 10-09-2011, 01:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Im going with some people dec 4th
Old 10-09-2011, 02:01 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ChryslerChris

Hey I'm game for the Mounds! Did you want to organize it? I can only go after October though. Got family in town so I can't get away.
I'm headed there this Friday with a few other rigs just to goof off for a couple hours. we'll probably be there from 10-2ish.
Old 10-09-2011, 02:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm headed there this Friday with a few other rigs just to goof off for a couple hours. we'll probably be there from 10-2ish.
I'll meet you guys there...I'll definitely leave at 2pm tho...I have kids coming home around 4pm.
Old 10-09-2011, 02:45 PM
JK Freak

Mounds requires the ORV sticker, right?
Old 10-09-2011, 02:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bstpierre
Mounds requires the ORV sticker, right?
Yes it does

Quick Reply: Sept 25th-Bundy Hill