Notices
Great Lakes If you live in the Great Lakes area (Minnesota, Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana and Ohio) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Who's ever been to Haspin Acres?

Old 01-20-2012, 04:10 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who's ever been to Haspin Acres?

Anyone ever been to Haspin Acres in Laurel, IN?
Old 01-20-2012, 04:15 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Been there several times on bikes and quads. Haven't had the Jeep out there yet.
It's about 700 acres or so. Mostly mud/dirt trails with a few rock trails. No flags required . It's about 2hrs from my house
Old 01-20-2012, 04:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't speak from personal experience but I was told if I went to keep my head down so wouldn't get pegged with empty beer cans. Thats why i haven't went myself ymmv . I would hate to hit or be hit by an atv rider who's been drinking
Old 01-20-2012, 04:28 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Warpedguy77
I can't speak from personal experience but I was told if I went to keep my head down so wouldn't get pegged with empty beer cans. Thats why i haven't went myself ymmv . I would hate to hit or be hit by an atv rider who's been drinking
You are absolutely correct. I have seen people take jellow shots and hit the trails in samurai's :(
That was the main reason I never took my daughter riding there on quads.
I think most of the trails are tight for full size rigs personally, but they are out there. From monster buggies, sandrails, quads, bikes, utv, samis, to garden tractors (ranch king I believe) it's out there!
Old 01-20-2012, 04:32 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mhaines
You are absolutely correct. I have seen people take jellow shots and hit the trails in samurai's :(
That was the main reason I never took my daughter riding there on quads.
I think most of the trails are tight for full size rigs personally, but they are out there. From monster buggies, sandrails, quads, bikes, utv, samis, to garden tractors (ranch king I believe) it's out there!
Went one time on quads, kind of a rough place.
Old 01-20-2012, 04:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Years ago we were riding quads and camping out at Haspin. A new owner has taken over recently (in the past 2-3 years) and has strict rules, including No riding after dark. They have a webpage if you want to google it. We used to go there until we found Livingston KY, and that place rocked until they shut it down. Haspin isn't that bad if you learn the terrain and the trends. I never got into fights or wrecked into anybody. Although it happened, but i have seen that everywhere we ride. Go for a day and explore. There is a little of everything there. Just DO NOT stop in bar in the town of Laurel after. There is a civil disrespect for Out Of Towners in that bar. I heard that you leave feeling like you rolled your buggy. LOL. You can catch dirt drags and mx races once in a while. More than likely I will hit it if I find the time and a few buddys to go with. Its not to far from Cincy and there isn't much around here. Hillz N hollarz may have opened again, not sure. Haspin is good because it is close, you can get your feet muddy and it won't break you wallet for a day trip. At Livingston Ky we carried heat, at Haspin I never did. Lock shit up if you want to spend the night. I would say go once for a day and if you don't like it don't go back.
http://www.haspinacres.com/

Last edited by IKE2011; 01-20-2012 at 05:00 PM.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:06 PM
wdw
JK Enthusiast

I have been there. Going back Sat 1-28 with a Jeep Club. It is for a food drive. Pay to get in the park and 3 cans of food. The lunch is free. I might just sit at the bonfire.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Haspin acres

I have been to haspin acres many times i love it i have not had any problems out there but then again we drink a few and hit some trails but we dont get crazy i love the place Pete that works up the front is awesome he will help anyone out!
Old 01-20-2012, 06:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Good to hear positive things about it!!! It has been 10 years since I have been there. It used to be the Wild West. Makes me want to go!!! Thanks.
Old 01-20-2012, 08:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Im not a big fan of haspin. Gone a few times with the quad and that place is pretty rough and alot of drinking. I prefer big rock or dirty turtle. We got a group of Cincy jks that go wheeling quite frequently. If your on facebook look us up under group cjkc or Cincinnati jk crew. Had 14 jks at the turtle earlier this month.

Quick Reply: Who's ever been to Haspin Acres?