Notices
Hunting & Firearms General discussion forum regarding hunting, rifles and handguns.

15 Reasons To Carry

Old 10-05-2010, 06:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know how true this is, but i saw it earlier today.

‎"25 States allow anyone to buy a gun, strap it on, and walk down the street with no permit of any kind: some say it's crazy. However, four out of five US murders are committed in the other half of the country: so who's crazy?"
-- Andrew Ford
Old 10-06-2010, 07:04 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Imrahil
I don't know how true this is, but i saw it earlier today.

‎"25 States allow anyone to buy a gun, strap it on, and walk down the street with no permit of any kind: some say it's crazy. However, four out of five US murders are committed in the other half of the country: so who's crazy?"
-- Andrew Ford
I REALLY like that....!!!
Old 10-07-2010, 07:34 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Calilove1
love the yard sign...

Why do I carry? So I have a fighting chance when that day comes. Much rather have a gun and not need it then need a gun and not have it!
Yup. Just like:

"I don't plan on getting in an accident, but I wear my seatbelt just in case."

PS- I think Philly's getting soft!
Old 10-12-2010, 06:44 PM
JK Freak

Yes,, I love that Pa is an open carry state.. not that I do often,, but its nice to do on occasion..
Old 10-15-2010, 06:53 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Mike Honcho
From a guy in Florida :

My neighbor is a "lefty" of sorts (Obama bumper stickers, gung-ho
Socialized Medicine, "guns should be banned", etc.). So this past spring
I put this sign up in my yard after one of his anti-gun rants at a neighborhood
Cocktail party.

The sign wasn't up more than an hour before he called the police and wanted
them to make me take down the sign. Fortunately, the officer politely informed
him that it was not their job to take such action without a court order and that
he had to file a complaint "downtown" first, which would be reviewed by the
city attorney to see if it violated any city, county, or state ordinances, which
If there was a violation a court order would be sent to the offending party
(me) to "remove the sign in seven days."

After several weeks he was informed that the sign was legal (by a quarter
of an inch) and there was nothing the city could do, which obviously made
him madder. I tried to smooth things over by inviting him to go shooting
with me and my friends at the hunt club but that seemed to make him even
more angry. I then asked him if he wanted to go to a Tea Party Rally but
again he declined my outreach efforts to bring about a better understanding
between political and social opponents. I am at a loss how to reconcile our
long relationship (notice I did not say friendship), any suggestions would be
welcome.
Maybe I'll ask him if he wants to go deer hunting, which opens up November 1st,
you know, just a bunch of guys running through the woods chasing Bambi,
then sitting around the campfire roasting marshmallows and singing our favorite
country songs to the accompaniment of Jake's harmonica (he is a better lawyer
than a harmonica player but don't tell him I told you). I even made him a bumper
sticker and that made him madder than he already was!

Anyway, that's life in our neck of the woods, how about yours?

You are a genius, and a true GREAT AMERICAN. It's the same with all these liberal idiots, once you use their own CRAP to hurt them, they are incensed and DEMAND justice (for them). There is NOTHING wrong with you using your freedom of speech, your neighbor only wants to shut YOU up. If HE had a Pro Choice, Gun Grabber, Free Healthcare, Welfare for all sign, and you tried to have him take it down, he would be on the 6 o'clock news chained to the sign screaming about human rights violations. EFF him, make the sign BIGGER!

I worked with one of these Zombie Sheep morons, and after this HUGE lecture about why guns are bad, I asked him what stopped me from knocking on his door, and stabbing him to death when he answered... "The POLICE of course" says he.
"YEAH RIGHT" says I.
About a year later he gets a call (I am now his dock chief (supervisor)) asks me in a panic if he can leave, and HAULS @$$ out of work. Next day, here he comes to me at lunch looking like someone shot his dog. "Can I talk to you offline?" says he.
"Sure" says I. Seems that his wife was home alone (we were on swing shift on a military installation working turbine engines) got in the shower, and two young men broke in the house. LUCKY that she had her cell in the bathroom. She called the cops, screamed that she "had a gun", (yeah, right a liberal with a gun), kept the door locked, and the kids ran off. Cops took 7 mins, J.J. actually got there at the same timen (she called him secondly AFTER hanging up with the cops DOH!).
Guess what he wanted to talk about?!?!?!
"I think my wife and I need to look into getting a gun and learining to use it" says he. "I know you are a GUN GUY, can you help" he asked.
Oh BOY is this gonna be good. "J.J., I would feel AWFUL if I was involved in you compromising your liberal pricipals, you have told me for a year that I didn't need to have so many guns and ESPECIALLY all those ASSAULT rifles", "so maybe you should look into some pepper spray". He looked like he was going to cry, or barf and walked off. I later agreed to put them both through one of my CCW classes (I was working my shooting school after work trying to build a business), but he and the wife paid full price....
It's all fun and games until your loved one is naked in a house with 2 criminals. They got smart real quick, it could have been WAY BAD for them... A lie, a cell phone and a cheapo hollow core locked door were all that stood between J.J.'s wife and a disaster.
Saddest thing is that he AND his wife were (Ch)Air Force Vets.... He even used to mess with me about being Army and Army Reserve. Used to make the whole "did you shoot anybody on your weekend?" jokes. Apparently his version of the military used Teddy Bears and Puppies to pacify bad people....

Last edited by vtxrecruiter; 10-15-2010 at 06:57 AM.
Old 10-15-2010, 07:16 AM
JK Newbie

Love the yard sign!!!
Old 10-15-2010, 07:27 AM
JK Freak

Default Supported

I am a gun supported. I like to do a little target practice and clay shoots.
What I am afraid of is the number of carry permits issued since Obama took office.
I know a lot of people did it for the wrong reasons. I have had a permit since '04 between two states.
Every time a dumba$$ with a permit pulls a gun or shots a gun it is more ammo (pun intended) for the anti-gun supports.
I don't agree with calling some one out for having a gun or not but I sure as HELL don't want the government taking more of might rights away under the umbrella of protection. (I.E. seat belt laws and helmet laws are some simple ones) These save lives but should these kinds of things be laws.

Maybe things will calm down in 2 years.
Old 10-15-2010, 07:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by vtxrecruiter
You are a genius, and a true GREAT AMERICAN. It's the same with all these liberal idiots, once you use their own CRAP to hurt them, they are incensed and DEMAND justice (for them). There is NOTHING wrong with you using your freedom of speech, your neighbor only wants to shut YOU up. If HE had a Pro Choice, Gun Grabber, Free Healthcare, Welfare for all sign, and you tried to have him take it down, he would be on the 6 o'clock news chained to the sign screaming about human rights violations. EFF him, make the sign BIGGER!

I worked with one of these Zombie Sheep morons, and after this HUGE lecture about why guns are bad, I asked him what stopped me from knocking on his door, and stabbing him to death when he answered... "The POLICE of course" says he.
"YEAH RIGHT" says I.
About a year later he gets a call (I am now his dock chief (supervisor)) asks me in a panic if he can leave, and HAULS @$$ out of work. Next day, here he comes to me at lunch looking like someone shot his dog. "Can I talk to you offline?" says he.
"Sure" says I. Seems that his wife was home alone (we were on swing shift on a military installation working turbine engines) got in the shower, and two young men broke in the house. LUCKY that she had her cell in the bathroom. She called the cops, screamed that she "had a gun", (yeah, right a liberal with a gun), kept the door locked, and the kids ran off. Cops took 7 mins, J.J. actually got there at the same timen (she called him secondly AFTER hanging up with the cops DOH!).
Guess what he wanted to talk about?!?!?!
"I think my wife and I need to look into getting a gun and learining to use it" says he. "I know you are a GUN GUY, can you help" he asked.
Oh BOY is this gonna be good. "J.J., I would feel AWFUL if I was involved in you compromising your liberal pricipals, you have told me for a year that I didn't need to have so many guns and ESPECIALLY all those ASSAULT rifles", "so maybe you should look into some pepper spray". He looked like he was going to cry, or barf and walked off. I later agreed to put them both through one of my CCW classes (I was working my shooting school after work trying to build a business), but he and the wife paid full price....
It's all fun and games until your loved one is naked in a house with 2 criminals. They got smart real quick, it could have been WAY BAD for them... A lie, a cell phone and a cheapo hollow core locked door were all that stood between J.J.'s wife and a disaster.
Saddest thing is that he AND his wife were (Ch)Air Force Vets.... He even used to mess with me about being Army and Army Reserve. Used to make the whole "did you shoot anybody on your weekend?" jokes. Apparently his version of the military used Teddy Bears and Puppies to pacify bad people....
LOVE IT!!!!! My favorite was that you charged him and his wife full price. lol Glad they are OK but funny as hell at the same time.... lol
Old 10-15-2010, 08:17 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Mike Honcho
From a guy in Florida :

That is friggin awsome...makes me sort of wish that there were some libs living near me so I could get one of my own...

...on second thought, I like the company of the like-minded people living in my neighborhood!!
Old 10-15-2010, 08:43 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Rubican
LOVE IT!!!!! My favorite was that you charged him and his wife full price. lol Glad they are OK but funny as hell at the same time.... lol
John Wayne was credited with saying "Stupid should hurt", but I believe "Ignorance should COST"...

Quick Reply: 15 Reasons To Carry