Notices
Hunting & Firearms General discussion forum regarding hunting, rifles and handguns.

Big Horn Sheep Killing....

Old 09-02-2009, 06:06 PM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big Horn Sheep Killing....

I was/am a lover of sheep hunting. Here in Alaska I've been lucky enough to have killed a few rams for myself, as well as guided hunters to a few as well. A ram is a prestine animal, and the hunt itself is second to none. That being said, I find that what Montana did here was wrong, wrong, WRONG. Would like to hear your thoughts....

Big Horn Sheep Killing....A betrayal of Trust.

http://www.newwest.net/topic/article...trust/C41/L41/
Old 09-03-2009, 06:52 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

J.G. should be charged and the Montana Fish and Wildlife office should come under investigation for entrapment and how they secured a Sheep Tag for this specific area. I think some heads should roll for this!!!!

I am hearing more and more of these types of stories of Fish and Wild officers entrapping hunters or some how securing limited entry tags with very low odds.

It's funny even a conservation officer in my neck of the woods has had very good luck getting a limited entry Elk Draw where the record non-typical elk "Duke of Arrow" was found. With less than 1% chance of getting a bull elk tag for the area he has gotten 2 elk tags in the last 3 years and taken 2 monster bulls scoring over 400. I have applied for this area the last 10 years and still no luck I know there is something not legal happening with this draw.

Quick Reply: Big Horn Sheep Killing....