Notices
Hunting & Firearms General discussion forum regarding hunting, rifles and handguns.
View Poll Results: Do you have a CCW?
Yes
77.62%
no
9.32%
cant get one in the state I live in
9.56%
im too young but will get one when im of age
3.50%
Voters: 429. You may not vote on this poll

Do you have your CCW?

Old 10-22-2010, 06:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live in New Jersey. lt's nearly impossible to get one . Lucky for Me I am in law enforcement so I am permitted to carry off duty
Old 10-22-2010, 06:14 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by 2climbbig
so.... was there something in particular that you wanted me to see. I read it and it validates my arguement. Did I miss something?
It's always better to read it for yourself, than just hear from someone else. No one has to ask questions first, but it's the Grand Jury that checks to see if the elements fit the circumstances.

Last edited by Robar; 10-22-2010 at 06:17 PM.
Old 10-22-2010, 06:31 PM
JK Newbie

Default Germans vs jefferson get your ccw as soon as possible it is your right as an american

Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.’’

— Jefferson's "Commonplace Book," 1774-1776, quoting from On Crimes and Punishment, by criminologist Cesare Beccaria, 1764

‘‘Germans who wish to use firearms should join the SS or the SA - ordinary citizens don't need guns, as their having guns doesn't serve the State.’’

— Heinrich Himmler
The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subjected people to carry arms. History shows that all conquerors who have allowed their subjected peoples to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by so doing. Indeed, I would go so far as to say that the underdog is a sine qua non ["something essential" lit. "without which not"] for the overthrow of any sovereignty. So let's not have any native militia or police.’’

-- Adolph Hitler, Edict of March 18, 1938
Old 10-27-2010, 09:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

I carry everyday. One on my person and a back up in the jeep.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1481427505.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	10.0 KB
ID:	98570  
Old 10-27-2010, 09:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Greenie Meanie
My CC permit is brass and works nationwide.
Same here...

Carry every day.
Old 11-10-2010, 04:51 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was asked a few(over 6 at this point) months ago about my weapon carry by my uncle. He is older and kinda likes to push peoples buttons at times. He Said "Why do you think you have the right to carry a pistol?" I responded,, That Many brave men and women have fought and laid down their lives to give me and others in this country, this and many other rights,, and if We as Americans dont start to exercise our right to Carry and own arms and to VOTE these and the rest of our rights will be taken away and those who died will have died in vain. He then smiled.. He fought in WWII and said he would like to see my 1911 next time I visit.

I have been visiting Ft Indiantown Gap National Cemetery often in the last year. I service some of the equipment that they use in the grounds maint. dept. and the level of activity that they are at now saddens me. Last visit I heard the 21 gun salute 4 times. Every American needs to go to a national cemetery and spend some time there.. Pay your respect to those that fought and died to protect your way of life. Just being there puts things into perspective.

Last edited by Cruiser; 11-10-2010 at 04:59 PM.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:39 PM
JK Freak

Wish I could get one but I live in Kalifornia. Planning to move to Oregon when I can.
Old 11-11-2010, 02:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

In Maryland we have CCW but you either have to a business owner or be a victim of violent crime, even that takes an act of god to obtain through the legal system. Maryland is anti- gun. To purchase a handgun or assault weapon, there is a 7 day waiting period. Certain rifles and shotguns can purchased and walk out door same day.
I tried to get a CCW permit because I am a "violent crime survivor". Got shot 3 times by an ex girlfriends father. I was turned down cause my case wasn't violent enough.
Old 10-10-2011, 12:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

1. Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

2. If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

3. I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy.

4. When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.

5. A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him 'Why do you carry a 45?' The Ranger responded, 'Because they don't make a 46.'

6. The old sheriff was attending an awards dinner when a lady commented on his wearing his sidearm.
'Sheriff, I see you have your pistol. Are you expecting trouble?'
'No Ma'am. If I were expecting trouble, I would have brought my rifle or a shotgun.'

7. Beware the man who only has one gun. HE PROBABLY KNOWS HOW TO USE IT!!!

But wait, there's more!

I was once asked by a lady visiting if I had a gun in thehouse. I said I did.
She said 'Well I certainly hope it isn't loaded!'
To which I said, of course it is loaded, can't work without bullets!'
She then asked, 'Are you that afraid of someone evil coming into your house?'
My reply was, 'No not at all. I am not afraid of the house catching fire either, but I have fire extinguishers around, and they are all loaded too.'
To which I'll add, having a gun in the house that isn't loaded is like having a car in the garage without gas in the tank.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have mine and i have always carried. I have never felt a need to pull my gun and nobody has ever known i was carrying. I have my ccw and carry because its my right and believe in exercising my rights unless they disapear.

Quick Reply: Do you have your CCW?