Notices
Hunting & Firearms General discussion forum regarding hunting, rifles and handguns.

Game Camera

Old 11-25-2011, 09:46 AM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JK jeepin
Sounds like some wolf hunting needs to be done! There is an area that I know of, where the mountains drop into the mojvie deasert. This area holds some record muleys for socal, I have hunted it on and off for that last five years, more off than on.The terrian is real challanging.I've seen a few does but never any bucks??? There is some huge deer tracks on a few deer trails I've found...... and last year during archery seson I did a grulling hike for 8 hours to a real remote spot and found some pretty big sheds. So with that being said I'm tryin to get a few pics of some trophy caliber muleys that might be in the area,and if that happens, I'll put all of next years deer season tryin to get'em. Oh and this area also holds deasart bighorn sheep. Even though tags are almost impossable to draw for bighorns in this area, I might get lucky some day.It would be cool to catch one on camera. I know guy's that have been putting in for 27 years for them bighorns and still havn't been drawn
Isn't that a pretty far drive from where you are?......I mean to keep watch on the cameras as much as I would think you would want to...???

Oh and yes.....they (the state) was trying to have an aerial wolf hunt for around here this winter. But I doubt that will happen. They'll figure it out when we finally end up with no moose or caribou on the peninsula.

Last edited by AK4Dave; 11-25-2011 at 09:49 AM.
Old 11-25-2011, 04:06 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by AK4Dave
Isn't that a pretty far drive from where you are?......I mean to keep watch on the cameras as much as I would think you would want to...???

Oh and yes.....they (the state) was trying to have an aerial wolf hunt for around here this winter. But I doubt that will happen. They'll figure it out when we finally end up with no moose or caribou on the peninsula.
Yea it's a little drive , about an hour & a half.....not to bad,and a nice hike.... I'll prob. leave the cams out there for month at a time and then check'em out ,also do a little coyote huntin. Not worried about theft to much. I'm always up in those mountains about once a month, our SoCal Project JK group is always doing rock crawlin runs up there alot, it seems like weekly.How far do you hunt from your house? Can you guy's in Alaska run trap lines for them wolfs?
Old 11-26-2011, 12:01 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by JK jeepin
How far do you hunt from your house? Can you guy's in Alaska run trap lines for them wolfs?
I've killed 6 bulls not quite 2 miles from the house. Yes we can and there are trappers all over here. We were out wheeling once and got out to stretch and my dog stepped in one. I went over to get her loose and I stepped in one too. Luckily they were small traps and didn't hurt either one of us.
Old 12-03-2011, 05:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

i just purchased a moultrie m-80 to add to my collection of game cameras so ill tell yall how it compares to the rest that i have owned and seen
Old 12-05-2011, 07:47 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by EsByrd
i just purchased a moultrie m-80 to add to my collection of game cameras so ill tell yall how it compares to the rest that i have owned and seen
Yea,let us know. I was debateing between that and the primo's 46.Not sure about the M-80 but the 46 has alot for the moneyI will hopefully get up in the mountains this weekend to set them out

Quick Reply: Game Camera