Notices
Hunting & Firearms General discussion forum regarding hunting, rifles and handguns.

Obama is already after our firearms

Old 03-02-2009, 09:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cormac827
by that theory though, should we not allow civilians to buy tanks, attack helicopters and nuclear weapons? why only restrict these to the government? The constitution says right to bear arms, it does not restrict the right to bear nuclear arms does it?

I am just throwing that out there....if you want to be on the same level as the government, youre gonna need alot more than something that can barely take down a human (.223, 5.6)
Anyone can fairly easily posses and or manufacture weapons which could be utilized effectively against APC's if need be. As well as to deal with Helicopters. This has been proven time and time again. History showed that simple peasants in Black Pajamas and in more recent times Zealots have more than had the ability to do so.

Additionally Posse Comitatus specifically forbids US Military troops from deployment against US Civilians. Additionally, the Officer and NCO Corp's would have extreme moral issues and would most likely disobey any order to fire upon or be utilized against US civilians. It is within their right and duty under the UCMJ to disobey an unlawful order even if coming from the President of the United States.
Old 03-03-2009, 04:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rnjstel
Anyone can fairly easily posses and or manufacture weapons which could be utilized effectively against APC's if need be. As well as to deal with Helicopters. This has been proven time and time again. History showed that simple peasants in Black Pajamas and in more recent times Zealots have more than had the ability to do so.

Additionally Posse Comitatus specifically forbids US Military troops from deployment against US Civilians. Additionally, the Officer and NCO Corp's would have extreme moral issues and would most likely disobey any order to fire upon or be utilized against US civilians. It is within their right and duty under the UCMJ to disobey an unlawful order even if coming from the President of the United States.
Trying taking out a m1 abram. haha. I do see what you are saying, although at the same time many of the peasants who were effective against helicopters, apcs etc have had the support of a government. Afghanistan is a prime example. that war would not have ended the same without the influx of stingers etc from america.

my point was, if the reasoning for weapons is to watch out for rogue government, we migth want something a lil bigger than small arms.

and in an additional note, the posse comitatus act restricts the army, national guard and a select few other military units in becoming a "police force." ( i know it does not apply to coast guard) The law is to stop that from happening....they are not allowed to enforce state laws while not on federal property. ....

this can be changed at any time by congress. So, i would not feel as protected by this act as you are, although i do agree that most proud americans would not attack other americans.

Quick Reply: Obama is already after our firearms