Notices
Hunting & Firearms General discussion forum regarding hunting, rifles and handguns.

Where do yall put your deer

Old 09-22-2011, 03:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AK4Dave

Not to mention the heat from the engine when you put it on the hood is NOT good for the meat.
Exactly what I was thinking and I don't know about y'all but I got 30 minute ride back to the camp. Just imagine cleaning a half cooked deer.
Old 09-22-2011, 04:00 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Personally i would wrap it in a tarp and toss it in the back with the seat up, lots of room back there. I understand people's trepidation in seeing a dead animal & in not giving the greenies any unneeded ammunition. I get that, really I do, but i also saw a ton of humor in the Deer in the front seat, i simply have a warped sense of humor i guess.

I havent been hunting since i became ill, but I used to hunt all the time. I worked for a local taxidermist for years skinning deer, bear, elk, moose etc. for mounting purposes, the blood/guts in no way bothers me. I actually really enjoyed that job. Being immersed in the sportsman/hunting community so deeply was awesome to say the least. I used to get to go to banquets and trade shows all the time and talk with all sorts of people. You want to see people get bent over hunting, go stand a booth at a local fair showing off a ton of various fish/animal/aviary mounts. We had some real winners stop by.

If anyone ever gets into Springville NY (south of Buffalo) stop by S&S Taxidermy (sstaxidermy.com). They have a full sportsmans shop from clothes to guns to bows and are hands down the best taxidermists i have ever seen.

Last edited by HappyCurmudgeon; 09-22-2011 at 04:02 AM.
Old 09-22-2011, 04:57 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
Personally i would wrap it in a tarp and toss it in the back with the seat up, lots of room back there. I understand people's trepidation in seeing a dead animal & in not giving the greenies any unneeded ammunition. I get that, really I do, but i also saw a ton of humor in the Deer in the front seat, i simply have a warped sense of humor i guess.

I havent been hunting since i became ill, but I used to hunt all the time. I worked for a local taxidermist for years skinning deer, bear, elk, moose etc. for mounting purposes, the blood/guts in no way bothers me. I actually really enjoyed that job. Being immersed in the sportsman/hunting community so deeply was awesome to say the least. I used to get to go to banquets and trade shows all the time and talk with all sorts of people. You want to see people get bent over hunting, go stand a booth at a local fair showing off a ton of various fish/animal/aviary mounts. We had some real winners stop by.

If anyone ever gets into Springville NY (south of Buffalo) stop by S&S Taxidermy (sstaxidermy.com). They have a full sportsmans shop from clothes to guns to bows and are hands down the best taxidermists i have ever seen.
I think the deer buckled in is funny too. I'd suspect that would not garner the hate like it being draped over the hood.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:28 AM
JK Freak

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...highlight=deer

Check out post number 3.
Hope this helps.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:49 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by wired
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...highlight=deer

Check out post number 3.