Notices
Jeep Liberty Overall Jeep Liberty technical discussions. This includes all Jeep Liberty models.

Electrical issues.

Old 03-19-2017, 02:50 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical issues.

A while ago, a misfire code came up on my 2008 Liberty. I replaced the ignition coils and spark plugs....no difference.

Now, it will not respond when I turn the key. With no key in the ignition, wipers run constantly and headlights are on. I tried a reset by disconnecting the neg cable and pressing brake...waiting before reconnecting neg cable. As soon as I connect neg cable, there is a clicking noise from under the hood. I put key in ignition...no response...nothing comes on inside...no gauges or radio. Power windows work. Battery is new, as well as tipm and ecm.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Befuddled.
Old 09-25-2019, 12:02 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Ragnar111
A while ago, a misfire code came up on my 2008 Liberty. I replaced the ignition coils and spark plugs....no difference.

Now, it will not respond when I turn the key. With no key in the ignition, wipers run constantly and headlights are on. I tried a reset by disconnecting the neg cable and pressing brake...waiting before reconnecting neg cable.stories As soon as I connect neg cable, there is a clicking noise from under the hood. I put key in ignition...no response...nothing comes on inside...no gauges or radio. Power windows work. Battery is new, as well as tipm and ecm.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Befuddled.9Apps cartoon hd vidmate
hey,

Damm even I am having a similar kind of issue, I have searched all over the internet and even have posted on number of threads on different forum, no solution seems to work. I am really frustrated, can anyone of you here help me resolve this issue, I am very much tired now.

thanks and regards

Last edited by namanjohnson101; 12-18-2019 at 11:10 PM.
Old 09-26-2019, 06:56 PM
Super Moderator

Received 77 Likes on 71 Posts

Sounds like a TIPM issue. Google it for your vehicle.
Old 06-11-2020, 05:25 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by EHarris
Sounds like a TIPM issue. Google it for your vehicle.
Yes had the same issue, Was able to solve it via a simple google search query!

Regards.

Quick Reply: Electrical issues.