Notices
Jeep Recycler If you've got a Jeep that you want to sell or are interested in buying a used one, this is the forum for you.

2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Freedom

Old 09-29-2014, 07:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Freedom

Offered for sale or lease takeover is my 2013 Billet Silver Freedom Edition Wrangler Unlimited with 21,XXX miles currently on the odometer. I bought this Jeep with the intent of getting into off-roading, but never found the time. It's set up as great entry level off-roader with parts from some of the most reputable names in the Jeep industry. This Wrangler is set up perfectly whether you just want to enjoy the sun while you ride around all summer, feel safe in the snow, hit some local off-road trails or have a great starting point for a serious off road build.

The Freedom Edition is a great package because it includes the half leather & half cloth seats as well as mineral grey front and rear bumper inserts and front grille. This is, in my opinion, the best Wrangler interior out there. The seats offer the luxurious appearance of leather while the cloth seating surfaces keep you from burning yourself on hot leather when enjoying the topless fun that a jeep provides in the summer.

Now onto the fun stuff.

Suspension
My Jeep is equipped with a Teraflex 2.5" coil lift and Fox Evolution shocks. Teraflex specializes in Jeep suspensions and they've done a great job dialing in this suspension to be both capable off road while remaining competent and composed on-road. I also added a Daystar 3/4" spacer lift just to give it a little more height.

Wheels and Tires
When it came to wheels and tires I chose 17x9 ProComp 7069 wheels wrapped in 315/70/17 Goodyear Duratracs. The Duratracs are widely regarded as the most capable all-terrain tire on the market. They're great in the rain, quiet on the highway (no humming like with mud-terrain tires), are snow and ice rated (have the industry standard snowflake symbol so you can legally cross mountain passes without studding them) and by many reports enjoy a lifespan in excess of 60,000 miles.

Exterior
With the upgraded tires the stock tire carrier on the back wasn't going to cut it, so that's been upgraded to Teraflex's HD hinge and adjustable spare tire carrier. This carrier will securely carry up to a 37" tire in case you ever want to go even bigger. I've also added rock sliders from Ace Engineering for further protection and they also provide a nice step for when you're climbing into the Jeep.

Lighting
One of the few shortfalls of the Wrangler is its poor forward lighting. I've addressed this by adding true projector bi-xenon headlights from HIDProjectors.com and LED fog lights from Inspired Engineering. With the amount of light these put out you'll never have to worry about visibility at night.

Drivetrain and Warranty
My wrangler is a 2013 which means it is equipped with the 3.6 liter Pentastar engine. This engine debuted in 2012 and was a tremendous upgrade from the previous 3.8 which was severely underpowered and had major oil consumption issues. The Jeep will have the remainder of its 3 year/36k bumper to bumper warranty and 5 year/100k powertrain warranty. I should also mention it is equipped with 3:73 gears and comes with the towing package.

$36K w/ all aftermarket parts
$30K in stock configuration

Last edited by JK_Zach; 09-29-2014 at 07:31 AM.

Quick Reply: 2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Freedom