Notices
Jeep Renegade and 2014+ Cherokee Discussions and conetnt concerning the Jeep Renegade and newer Cherokee

Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk as DD

Old 01-26-2016, 03:01 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What kind of price did you guys pay. My wife is looking at a 16 now with the v6. We actually got an overnight demo of one.

I just can't see the 4cyl in the trail hawk or any Cherokee.
Old 01-26-2016, 03:25 AM
DaK
JK Enthusiast

Our internet pricing started at 38k, we tossed in the USAA discount and some others, then folded back in the unlimited warranty, think we made it out of there for a little over 41., that is with taxes and tags. I know about the warranty but after owning a 2012 Ford Focus, am gun shy with these new fangled computer controlled everything vehicles.
Options:
V-6
Tow Group- take a hit in the MPG for this but better to have it and not need it... Also, the factory does a great job of making it look integrated
Comfort/convenience group
8.4NAV- Sat Radio
Command View Sun roof- hard for find a cherokee without this
Cold weather group- man those heated leather seats are nice, and so is that heated steering wheel
9 Speaker amplified sound system- the regular one just isn't up to par.
17inch black painted wheels. Ours is white with the black trim and the black wheels really pull it together in our opinion

we drove one that was fully loaded with the other lane monitoring and stuff, didn't like all that auto stuff. According to our salesmen and some other research looks like, at least Chrysler/Jeep, will be abandoning the auto braking cruise for awhile as there are some issues with it. Only thing I wish ours had was the ventilated seats. Out here they would be great in the summer time.
Old 01-26-2016, 03:30 AM
DaK
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by larry0071
Actually, Mopar Performance Catalog has rock rails for the KL as well. There are talks where some users love the RRO rock sliders, and other posts where they are getting no love and the Mopar are preferred.

RRO does do a front winch mount plate that goes on the front bumper and allows for addition of off-road lights also. You can do as a winch mount or not.

There is a dude on a KL forum that is supposed to be close to having a 1.5" or 2" spacer type budget boost lift also. I hope that that works out and becomes real at some point!
Yeah checked out the Mopar "performance" catalog. Nice to mention something with no pics. From what I have seen of their rock rails they are similar to the performance and function of the JK Rubicon rails. Nice and will get you through but there is better. From what I have seen and read about the RRO units, its a better bang for your buck. I especially like the stand off option of the RRO units. Also appears that RRO has overcome some of their production issues. Hopefully have a set on order by the end of this month. Had the Trailhawk off pavement twice and didn't like having those rockers exposed.
Old 01-26-2016, 04:22 AM
JK Newbie

Basically we're looking at this one. http://www.bzmotors.com/new/Jeep/201...36d0b78922.htm

We bought a Subaru a few months back but I never cared for it. It's her car but it's just way too small. Never wanted to buy Japanese either....

Not sure how the numbers will pan out or if we wouldn't grab a lesser model Cherokee.
Old 01-26-2016, 02:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

We have the 2015 Cherokee for the girlfriend. 4 cyl 2wd. Real good on gas. Nice drive. That new 9 speed tranny took a dump at 6500 miles. They put in a new one and its good so far (at 25,000 miles now).
Old 01-26-2016, 03:48 PM
JK Freak

We have two wranglers, a 2012 rubicon and a 2006 TJ, we also have a 2014 Cherokee limited.
Old 01-26-2016, 09:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by superfly3176
Basically we're looking at this one. New 2016 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 4x4 Lewisburg, PA | 1C4PJMBS2GW154041 | Serving Sunbury, Bloomsburg, Danville and Williamsport

We bought a Subaru a few months back but I never cared for it. It's her car but it's just way too small. Never wanted to buy Japanese either....

Not sure how the numbers will pan out or if we wouldn't grab a lesser model Cherokee.
I noticed it has the start/stop option. What are your thoughts on that?
Old 01-27-2016, 03:16 AM
DaK
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cheemsaf
For me it took a bit to get used too. 3 or 4 days and all is well. Yesterday, while waiting for a train it kicked back on so that tells me there is a good battery monitoring system. I would not like this while crawling off road as there are times you want to be on the brake, have the engine running and ready to crawl through. There is a button to turn this function off. Unfortunately its one of those functions that every time you turn the vehicle off and back on again you have to do a manual reset to "OFF".

IMO, doesn't save enough carbon emissions to make a whup. One of those touchy feel good things to make the green wienies STFU.
Old 01-27-2016, 06:23 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Cheemsaf
We ended up passing on it. The stop start actually stopped on my wife before she came to a full stop. It's very noticeable. But something you'd get used to I think.

Gas mileage in the v6 was really poor and well under advertised. My wife almost always gets better then advertised. Also we felt the v6 was underpowered so I can't even imagine the i4.

Also she had immediate concerns about the transmission even before we began to read about it.
Old 01-27-2016, 10:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

I drive a 15 jku and my wife drives a 2016 cherokee altitude, I don’t know how my wife convinced me to buy the “blackout package “ a happy wife is a happy life, that means more mods for me

Quick Reply: Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk as DD