Notices
Jeep TJ & YJ Wrangler Overall Jeep TJ & YJ Wrangler technical discussion bulletin board forum. This includes all Jeep Wranglers made between 1987-2006 and includes models such as the Unlimited, Rubicon, Sahara, Sport and X.

04 Rubi or 04 Unlimited Sport? what should I buy???

Old 09-04-2008, 05:38 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would search around for an Unlimited Rubicon. One of my friends just bought an 06 with 16K for 17,200. It's is mint too. Looks brand new.

I have to say I never gave the unlimiteds a chance when I used to have an 04 SWB rubi. But after riding in that one I am a little envious. I'd almost prefer that to my 2dr 07 Rubi. The ride is very nice and the utility is very very nice.
Old 09-10-2008, 12:28 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go for a Rubicon Unlimited. This is an awesome truck. I picked one up last Jan for 19K with 22K miles.

This thing is great. I thought I was just getting lockers, front dana 44 and larger tires, but its so much more. It does not have a slip yoke, so no SYE needed. The extra length is worth it for stability and the cargo MUCH better then the SWB.

You will not be disappointed with one of these. Everyone wants to buy mine, and it only has a couple of bolt ons.

Good luck with your decision.
Old 09-10-2008, 01:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for all the replies! The Rubicon unlimited jumped to first place in my choices when I found it. It’s priced right for my budget, it’s a jeep, and it’s a Rubicon. Seems to fit the bill eh?

My only problem is... I found one of my dream vehicles screaming at me from Montana (why are these never close to home? ). It’s priced well under my budget, saving me over $400 a month over what I’m paying now. And like I said, its one of my dream vehicles. Wanted one of my own ever since I got to test drive one when I was 16. And this one is the exact color scheme I want as well, plus it hasn't been molested by some ricer punk (aka, its still stock).

why are life decisions so hard????

EDIT: for those that don't know and are wondering "what's so special about an old GMC SUV? Its a Jimmy, big deal...", its not just an old GMC SUV, and its not a Jimmy. its a 1992 GMC Typhoon, one of about 4000 ever made (only about 2400 still in working condition). its the fastes SUV produced to date in its class. freaking 280hp turbo V6 and 1/4 mile runs in under 14 sec. not bad for a stock '92. they've been seen clocking 8 or less with some upgrades. its a sporty little thing, and handles like a dream.

Last edited by atomicmecha; 09-11-2008 at 10:24 AM.

Quick Reply: 04 Rubi or 04 Unlimited Sport? what should I buy???