Notices
Jeep TJ & YJ Wrangler Overall Jeep TJ & YJ Wrangler technical discussion bulletin board forum. This includes all Jeep Wranglers made between 1987-2006 and includes models such as the Unlimited, Rubicon, Sahara, Sport and X.

Added weight

Old 11-03-2020, 06:30 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Added weight

I have a 05 TJ with a 2.4 engine(I know problem one) Which in the past it has served me well(the engine that is) but since I have added a lot of weight. I have put on DANA 44 axles w/5.38 replacing the stock 30 & 35(added weight) I have added Clayton long arm stretch/lift with front and rear trusses(added weight) new bellie pan(added weight) A new roll cage(added weight) and finally new rockers(added weight). I am also looking to put larger wheels(37 beadlocks)(added weight). So with this added weight I am already looking to upgrade the motor to possible a L83 or L86( adding little weight). What I am concerned is what tranny to use. I prefer a manual over an automatic but not set in stone on either. On doing my upgrades this is where I am stumped... Looking for suggestions on which transmission to use with an Atlas II transfer case, I live in the northeast and do mostly rock crawling so I know my gearing needs to be low.
Any help will be appreciated

Quick Reply: Added weight